DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

Well established California indie wrestler Virgil Flynn passed today from an apparent stroke. He was a smaller guy, so he just seemed and felt young to me, he was. His highest profile match in recent years was prob against Kushida when GFW was running Impact (for that month?). While he'd wrestled regularly for many of the local indies for several years, he'd started his own promotion in the last year or so. 

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, BNosanchuk said:

Well established California indie wrestler Virgil Flynn passed today from an apparent stroke. He was a smaller guy, so he just seemed and felt young to me, he was. His highest profile match in recent years was prob against Kushida when GFW was running Impact (for that month?). While he'd wrestled regularly for many of the local indies for several years, he'd started his own promotion in the last year or so. 

A bunch of RIP Virgil stuff popped up in my IG feed this morning, and I was pretty shocked. I had never met him on more than a "hey, how's it going?" kind of level, but he worked all kinds of shows around here, and like you said, he had started up his own fed, and his shows here in town were doing pretty well. There isn't really a whole lot going on around here as far as good indies go, and he was a bright spot. What a bummer.

• Like 1

Brickhouse is still alive. What happened,at least from what I keep seeing and hearing,is his mother was told Brickhouse wouldn't make it thru the night. So she called and told a few people that Brickhouse had passed.

Then hours later Brickhouse woke up and said "I'm Hungry". 

The story I’m seeing regarding Christopher is per PWI, there was an “incident” in jail and Christopher is now in a dire condition in hospital that he will not recover from