DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Bullet went through worse involving lifting weights. One time while benching his bench broke, the weight fell on his face and RIPPED OFF HIS NOSE COMPLETELY. He had to have $35,000 worth of reconstructive surgery. 

You can easily see the difference if you compare older and more recent photos or footage. His nose looks completely different. 

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I haven't found a news source for it yet but it's being reported around twitter that Steve Lee, Puppet the Psycho Dwarf from TNA, has passed away.

The company confirmed it along with the passing of Barry Scott

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AxB said:

RIP Ryan Smile. The original (and non-problematic) Ace of OTT.

Oh no! I saw him wrestle at WrestleRama in Dublin back in 2017! He lost the OTT title in the main event that also included Marty Scurll and someone who ended up with the title. He was mockingly painted up like Demon Balor and the crowd was chanting "you're not Balor" at him. Seemed very over as a heel to me, despite never seeing him wrestle before. His match is actually the last match I've seen live. This is really sad news. 30 is horribly young, but depression doesn't see age. RIP 

14 hours ago, AxB said:

RIP Ryan Smile. The original (and non-problematic) Ace of OTT.

I hope the woke Twitter mob that bullied him out of wrestling is feeling really good about themselves right about now.

I once drove two hours primarily for a match he was booked for. He unfortunately didn't show up, but I was still holding out hope for a comeback and that I would be able to see him live one day. There's no doubt in mind, he would be in NXT UK are some other major place right now, if he didn't quit.

Very sad about Karsten as well. Here's a video of his first return to wrestling after his first brain tumor:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Z said:

Very sad about Karsten as well. Here's a video of his first return to wrestling after his first brain tumor:

My favourite memory of a life show ever. I believe it was after what seemed like a knee injury related retirement, the cancer came afterwards... But I'm a mess right now, Dude was great as a human being and an incredibly hard working dude. Just devestated. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Z said:

I hope the woke Twitter mob that bullied him out of wrestling is feeling really good about themselves right about now.

I doubt you're going to get anything resembling shame or regret from that crowd.

I quite enjoyed what I saw of Karsten Beck in wXw.  Shame.  Definitely too young.

2 hours ago, The Z said:

Apologies for not knowing but what was the story behind this?  Sucks that he passed either way and there's lots of tributes pouring in.  But I am curious about this part and Google search isn't much help.

53 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Apologies for not knowing but what was the story behind this?  Sucks that he passed either way and there's lots of tributes pouring in.  But I am curious about this part and Google search isn't much help.

There were multiple minor things that were always blown way out of proportion. I think at some point he said something about gay pride parades not being necessary anymore, because they already achieved equality in his mind or something like that. This might have been a bit insensitive to the issue, but they painted him as this massive homophobe, because of this.

This was possibly his last tweet before he left wrestling:

6q687oql3fb01.jpg

Fans were also admittedly rightly upset, because he never paid refunds for the last Lucha Forever shows that were cancelled, but as far as I know he was left in massive debt after the promotion closed down.

• Thanks 1