DVDVR Message Board

SDL - Here's Looking At You Kidman - 6/6/2017

Dolfan in NYC

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SDL - Here's Looking At You Kidman - 6/6/2017

Very easy show to watch. Good promos, logical angles, and some decent TV length matches.

I don't think they anticipated Lana getting such a strong face reaction so it kinda made Naomi look like a jerk for laughing her off. I'm holding off on judging the Lana wrestler push until I actually see her in a real match. She's been training hard so we'll see what she's got.

Fashion Files was great again. These guys were given a chance and made the most of it. Now they're actually making time for them on the show. I think they need to bring back Alpha as heels to feud with them.

I liked Orton bringing up history again. He's cutting his promos like someone who is 100% going to win back the title which is great because he's likely jobbing. People can criticize Orton a lot but you gotta admit that when it's time to put someone over, he'll do it the right way. He likes Jinder and he's giving up a piece of his credibility to help him.

• Like 4

The Smackdown women brought it again. Great to see Lana's return and I agree that they didn't anticipate her getting such a massive face reaction. Hopefully her attack can help generate some heel heat. Because they so far have Naomi looking like a jerk lol 

The Fashion Police continue to rule. 

Rusev and Lana can absolutely be our Randy and Liz. WWE wasted a golden opportunity. Rusev, in his Bulgarian accent, doing his best Randy Savage. Lana, in her full on fake Russian accent. Hell, have them win the titles Summerslam and do a tv wedding anyway.

• Like 3

Liked the opening segment and thought everyone did well with their brief mic work. Naomi came off great as the champ, stood out and looked very good in the match too.

Styles/Ziggler was pretty good, a lot shorter than last week but worked at a fast pace. Cool finish too. Always loving these Usos promos. The Modern Day Maharaja rules.

• Like 1

The women's stuff was so good. Everyone got a decent word in during the segment and the tag match was pretty fun. Figured Lana might get the title shot at MITB. I'm going to be annoyed if she wins since Naomi still hasn't really gotten in a proper successful defense. Hopefully she is decent enough to provide something solid. The difference in the direction and quality of writing for the women's division here and the one on Raw staggering.

Fashion Files was a highlight once again. Loved the interaction with New Day. The Usos continue to deliver on the mic. Its nice to see WWE finally pushing the tag division on SDL.

Jinder/Mojo was short and pretty decent. Jinder is carrying himself well. AJ/Ziggler was short and sweet. Nakamura/Owens was good. Dug Corbin taking out Sami & Nakamura.

SDL continues to deliver.

• Like 2

That Fashion Files segment...damn. Main was great, too, and the women's match was fun for a clusterfuck. I'm at the point where I record Raw, read the spoilers, and if I get the okay I fast forward to the parts where Samoa Joe murders people, but I watch all of Smackdown except the Orton promos.

Jinder's thing is the Great Balls of Fire of title runs to me - so bad it won me over.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

The Usos continue to deliver on the mic.

I forgot to mention the awesomeness of the Usos. To think, not that long ago, they were stale faces that the crowd were slowly turning on. 

• Like 2

Because the power of positivity does not compel me

Though in that specific case - Mojo being like "Losing my chance to be in MITB on a PPV is the Best Thing That Could Happen To Me!" is why I am amused

If someone wants to be positive and move forward - good for them. But that specific language is silly.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This amused me

Keep telling yourself that Mojo

They made Jinder champion. Everybody has a chance.

Is Lana a face or a heel? I thought they were going to make her a face based on the vignettes? I liked how Nattie looked at the case like it was a baby.