DVDVR Message Board

Great Balls of Fire 2017

The Natural

Lesnar's become bottom of the barrel for me. His standard match now is a retread of Scott Steiner-HHH: Suplex, suplex, gassed, gassed-suplexes, but with the added benefit of no-selling for the opponent. I really detest Heyman's promos at this point, too, largely for the phlegmy BROCK LESNAAAAAAAR shit. 

I like Joe, I'm glad he's being used, but I also fear this will be another burial in the vein of Brock-Ambrose at Mania. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

In Your House branding could have made the Orton v Wyatt matches a little better. Presenting the whole show as a car crash of D Grade horror would have been a fun concept.

In Your House: Beware of Refrigerator

In Your House: Cold Day in the Refrigerator

In Your House: No Way Out of the Refrigerator

In Your House: Badd Blood: Cooling in my Refrigerator

You know, I think you may be on to something.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Godfrey said:

My theory is Brock's been defending the title against various bears in northern Canada and WWE is letting those count.

Sounds more credible than Goldberg's streak getting padded with 27 matches versus Jerry Flynn. 

Were any of those bears sons of the Bears that appeared in WM2? WWE does love 2nd generation athletes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, zev said:

Sounds more credible than Goldberg's streak getting padded with 27 matches versus Jerry Flynn. 

Were any of those bears sons of the Bears that appeared in WM2? WWE does love 2nd generation athletes.

Could be, @Nice Guy Eddie was just speaking of "the Refrigerator".

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

The logo has giant, flaming testicles on it all because they have a partnership with Rocket League. Just a couple dangling balls. Great work, WWE.

The best part is that it looks like Brock is about to get earfucked.

Very droll. My surge protector is supposed to prevent shit like that... Although the line is rather funny and might bear repeating...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am a big Roy Orbison fan so I'm looking forward to future WWE golden age of rock n' roll themed shows such as In Your House: Bye Bye Love.

So why would you be so high on an Everly Bros. song? 

Am I the only one who's pissed that this   Pay-per-view is seriously call Great Balls of Fire?  With all the pay-per-view's over the years like wrestlemania, Summer slam,  Royal rumble, survivor series, Vengence, Armageddon, Hell in a Cell,  Backlash,  shit I'll even take Cyber Sunday, They really came up with great balls of fire.  Don't get me wrong it's hilarious, but I can't take it seriously even if there are great matches on the card. It's even crazier that people are cutting promos trying to sound determined and serious while saying great balls of fire. No doubt Vince McMahon it came up with this one. 

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Great Balls of Fire should have been saved for September, to coincide with National Prostate Health Month.

Here in Canada, there's a big "Wear Plaid For Dad" in June (for Father's Day) for Prostate Cancer Awareness. And since Brock is Canadian now...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am a big Roy Orbison fan so I'm looking forward to future WWE golden age of rock n' roll themed shows such as In Your House: Bye Bye Love.

In Your House: Candy Colored Clown, hosted by Frank Booth hologram with special guest ring announcer Ben.

• Like 2

I saw it somewhere else, but if they would just call this motherfucker "BROCK VS JOE" it would be way bad ass. Of course, that would render all of the WWE marketing goofs useless and push talent over company, so, ummm, never happening. 

• Like 2

I'll take the name of this show over shit like Vengeance, Badd Blood, Roadblock, No Way Out, Fully Loaded and so many show titles that sound like they could be Lou Diamond Philips direct to home video movie titles. I'll take levity over boring every day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lacelle said:

I'll take the name of this show over shit like Vengeance, Badd Blood, Roadblock, No Way Out, Fully Loaded and so many show titles that sound like they could be Lou Diamond Philips direct to home video movie titles. I'll take levity over boring every day.

If Lorenzo Lamas plays Lou's buddy or the villain OR BOTH, I will buy all of those movies, please.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

If Lorenzo Lamas plays Lou's buddy or the villain OR BOTH, I will buy all of those movies, please.

If you dig Lorenzo as a villain, there's always Lucha Underground. 

• Like 2