DVDVR Message Board

Great Balls of Fire 2017

The Natural

Starting this as I and my fellow posters are looking forward to Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe for the WWE Universal Championship. I'm trying to lower my expectations because Brock Lesnar hasn't had a great match since the Undertaker series in 2015 and I dont want it to be a squash. Apart from the Goldberg match at WrestleMania XXIII, his matches post Undertaker are same old, same old and not worth seeing. Hope Brock doesn't phone it in and we get a memorable match between the two as both have put on classic matches, more so Joe. Give them time and let them batter one another.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - the Universal title will go 98 days without being defended

My theory is Brock's been defending the title against various bears in northern Canada and WWE is letting those count.

• Like 8

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Great Balls of Fire 2017
30 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I kinda want the Brock Joe match to become an unsanctioned street fight.... non-title, of course.

What's the longest stretch Brock went between defenses during his title run a couple years ago?

Per the internet (which easily could be missing a match)

Sept 21, 2014 (Night of Champions) - Lost to Cena via DQ

to

Jan 25, 2014 (Royal Rumble) - Beat Cena and Rollins

So that is roughly a 120 days

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I kinda want the Brock Joe match to become an unsanctioned street fight

After watching Brock/Cena from 2012, they don't need stips to do that. Just put Lil' Naitch in to bump again. 

They really need to use this to establish Joe, but you know how that goes. 

Man, even if they trusted someone enough to let them throw one in this day and age, the victim would miss one show at most, and probably not even that.

Now I'm sad.  What a mean name to give a modern wrestling show.

• Like 3

My hope is we get Braun and Roman In some sort of fire match. I think a Dumpster of Fire match would be awesome where u win by pushing your opponent into a dumpster full of fire  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

My hope is we get Braun and Roman In some sort of fire match. I think a Dumpster of Fire match would be awesome where u win by pushing your opponent into a dumpster full of fire  

WWE: Dumpster Fire. A ppv full of dumpster fire matches. The jokes would practically write themselves.

• Like 3

Folks keep posting pictures of fireballs and what they need to post are pictures of flaming soccer balls being rammed into nets by rocket boosted cars.

Months ago when it was announced that there was more to come from the WWE and Rocket League relationship, never did it cross my mind that Great Balls of Fire was that thing. How much are they paying WWE for this?

31 minutes ago, piranesi said:

The show really should feature a women's tournament that could be called:

The Great Balls of Fire Eight Vulva Fliers

I was so not the only one trying to "click" piranesi's "link", right?

July 9th...the build for Joe v Brock had a great start, but they have so much time and they tend to have so many bad ideas...also, I have some serious doubts Lesnar has a good real match in him at this point.

• Like 2