DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is #mizbear - 6/5/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Rollins "selling" his back by sort of grabbing it, yelling "arrrrgh!!!!!" then getting back into the ring and doing the slingblade had me laughing my ass off.

Mickie and Dana Brooke were surplus to requirements for that women's title match. Nia attacking, and Alexa retreating and running for her life like someone in a teen horror movie is all that needed to happen. Sasha and Bayley seem to have lucked out not being involved in this schmozz this week.

Kinda want to see Tozawa and Apolo Crews as the tag team of the Titus Brand.

Roman rules, but we all already knew that.

Boy I hope they let Samoa Joe put some hurt on Brock Lesnar. They have a chance of establishing a bad ass that can talk, work and wrestle full time schedules. Bork is just not interesting to me if none of the full time guys can get some shine off of him.

• Like 2

Nia Jax should never, ever talk.  Her throwing Alexa around, then beating up Mickie and Dana was perfectly fine until the latter two got in her face and Nia yelled "SHUT UP!" and shoved them and sounded like an angry chicken.  I also feel for the people in the audience who had to sit there listening to "I'm not like most girls!" for five friggin' minutes while Raw went to commercials.

i watch Anderson/Gallows stooging for Enzo and Big Show and think "I wonder if they regret leaving NJPW" then I watch NJPW on the Fight Network up here and see Anderson/Gallows stooging for Benett/Taven with Anderson saying "I don't care about the tag titles, I only care about Maria" and I think it's probably still better in WWE.

Miz-Ambrose/Samoa Joe-Heyman/Reigns-Wyatt were great.  

Cruiserweight match sounded like it took place in an empty arena.

Oh man, more than just the 205 match sounded like it took place in an empty arena. You could hear a pin drop during that abomination of a women's match with Nia and Alexa. Nia shouldn't be on the main roster.

It's like she got worse after coming up. I may be in the minority, but I thought her matches at the top in NXT against Bayley or Asuka were good. I especially liked the match with Bayley because they did this interesting "working in 3s" thing where each would do three specific moves before moving on to another move that Bayley would pull off three times and so on. On the main roster though, unless she's being protected or hidden in multi-woman matches, she's just been awful.

But anyway, yeah, this crowd was weird. They would either completely sit on their hands or they would be actively engaged in whatever was going on.

I am so confused by Samoa Joe right now because that was damn near pillow talk. 

Heyman walked his way out of ring satisfied to meet with his client's next opponent thinking everything was fine. He was just about to reach the ropes until he felt a pull on his shoulder. Heyman turned around, wide-eyed in awe thinking he was going to be attacked, but instead was  facing a seemingly courteousness opposition with a friendly demeanor. Heyman was confused as Samoa joe grabbed his arm and gently guided him to the corner. Joe dropped the mic which eased Heyman because if he were going to attack or make a brazen attack, he would have done so to let the audience know. Joe wanted to speak with Heyman and Heyman only.

"Your client chose not to show up. That is very disappointing to me," Joe said plainly without a hint of malice in his voice. "So I just want to tell you something face to face, man to man."

"I am just an advoca-"

"And I understand that," Joe cut Heyman off without even raising his tone. "But this is just between me and you."

Joe squeezed the bridge of his nose while glancing somewhere off in the crowd for a brief second as if something caught his eye. But it was only for a moment as he redirected his attention to a confused Heyman. His expression was now grim and dark which unnerved Heyman. His voice tone shifted from being genial and understanding to malicious and intimidating, but there is no anger in his voice. It was almost serene as he explained,"Something very bad is going to happen to you right now."

"Joe, you are crowding me," Heyman pleaded.

"Listen. Listen," Joe said sensing Heyman's uneasiness as if the meaning of his words were not out of malice. He then leaned in and whispered in his ear and started to articulate, "I'm going to wrap my arm around your throat," he explains seductively. "and you are going to feel it tight." Joe then gently pat Heyman on the shoulder like an old friend congratulating an achievement. "Understand?"

Heyman's did not respond to which Joe took the speechlessness as an confirmation that Heyman did indeed comprehend the situation. Joe continued on as if he were a doctor easing his patient on a medical procedure. "And then, your vision is going to Hazy and it is going to go dark, understand?"

Heyman was in shock and had the audacity to take his eyes off the monster standing a few inches away from him. By grabbing underneath Heyman's chin and forcibly directed his face towards him ensuring that he and Heyman were eye to eye, Joe ensured that Heyman paid attention..

"Look at me," he commanded, slightly raising his voice. And Heyman dared not to disobey. Joe held up one finger continued  his instructions for Heyman.  "And then I want you to take this message to Brock Lesnar and tell him that this was for him." Joe stated with a hint of disappointment in his voice. "And I want you to describe to him in excruciating detail like only you can Paulie," Joe pleaded to Heyman practically begging him to his client and gently caressed Heyman's cheek. He continued with now adorning a smirk pleased with instilling fear and terror Heyman's. "What Brock Lesnar's future holds."

What is this? 50 Shades of Grey? That was the kinkiest shit I have ever seen on Raw in awhile.

People were angry and went on complaining that they wanted Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Alexa's feet to be number one contender and now people are stoked for this match with hope that Lesnar does not bury Joe. Good booking. That is how you book a contender.

• Like 5

Have they actively managed to kill the RAW audience so much that 2 days after a RAW after a PPV and this thread is still at only 2 pages?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Have they actively managed to kill the RAW audience so much that 2 days after a RAW after a PPV and this thread is still at only 2 pages?

I don't think so, at least not yet.  Extreme Rules thread had 11 pages even if that was mainly talking about Bayley.  I am a little surprised there isn't more talk about how fucking awesome the Joe/Heyman segment was.  And Kyuubi's description is odd and out of left field, yet I can't say he's off base about it either.

• Like 1

The Great Balls of Fire thread is going pretty strong, but that's mostly due to jokes about the name, prostate awareness (which is no laughing matter), flaming balls, flaming cocks, etc. The Wyatt refrigerator managed to find it's way in there. You get the drift.

• Like 1