DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is #mizbear - 6/5/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The Miz trying to outwit Ambrose by destroying everything that usually leads to an attack was like watching a live action Wile E. Coyote.  

That segment was just delightful. 

• Like 12

The Bray Wyatt magic show is the most tired stuff in the company. 

They're doing a terrible job with their babyfaces. Heels are getting over strong as fuck, but not much in the way of heroes these days.

• Like 1

Samoa Joe vowing to take everything Brock Lesnar has then quietly explaining to Paul Heyman how he's going to die was one of the best things they've done in a long time.

The Miz segment was fantastic. Maryse was so good too. "It's timeless just like you!"

Roman/Bray was about as good of a match as I've seen Bray have in years.

Cass is 100% turning on Enzo.

They tried to get more women involved and somehow wound up making things worse.

Goldust and R-Truth had good bits again.

Overall it was one of the stronger RAW's this year.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah paranoid Miz was the best going after all the wrestling tropes and also shutting down a "You deserve it" chant  

LgqEVW.gif

Good thing Abby wasn't in there.

• Like 4

At first I thought the bear was Johnny Gargano, then I thought it was Ethan Page. 

I feel bad for Rollins being stuck with Bray.

Joe and Heyman were great together. It was obvious where he was going with the worrying bit. I don't think we'll be getting a suplex city squash. 

I love Miz looking like all of us when we were ten elbowing dropping our pillows and wrestling buddies.

• Like 3

The Joe segment was tremendous and the ending bit with him calmly explaining to Heyman about how he was going to destroy him was one of the best segments on Raw in years.  I'm still not getting my hopes up on the match itself though.

Miz is entertaining when he's acting as a comedic stooge.  This program with Ambrose has been good for the both of them in that regard, definitely playing up their strengths.

Enzo and Cass turning on eachother is a massively stupid move.

I don't really have an interest in a Golddust/Truth feud, but good for both of them for still having jobs and going on with their schticks at their age and tenure.

Roman/Bray was solid. Joe/Hey,man segment was good. Miz/Dean segment was the highlight of the show.

Alexa's segments leading up to the Nia match was nice. The actual match itself not so much. Nia is way too afraid of hurting people. They should have Show talk to her about that moment he had with Austin and Vince.

• Like 1

I loved Joe & Heyman.  It "felt real." Like I believe Samoa Joe would walk up to someone, tell him he was about to beat the shit out of them because he can, and then do it.  And I believe Heyman would be scared shitless that it was about to happen. Simple, believable storytelling.  Why is it so HARD for them?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Vgmastr said:

How the hell can the booking of the women be so great on Smackdown and so God awful on Raw?  

Raw is where Vince pays attention. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Vgmastr said:

How the hell can the booking of the women be so great on Smackdown and so God awful on Raw?  

Because the only woman that matters on RAW is Stephanie.

I missed like half the show tonight and I think I started watching from The Miz's celebration on. That was funny. Paranoid Miz would be pretty damn great. Probably would give them a good excuse to eventually give him a huge bulldozer as a bodyguard.

That women's match  was something else. I mean they really don't know what to do with Nia. She's a heel, but she's beautiful so she can be a face at the same time. She really is out of place not only because she towers over everyone and just no sells anything anyone does to her, but because she has no clear direction. Is she a monster? Is she just not like most girls? Just cause she's sort of related to The Rock doesn't mean she's anything great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vgmastr said:

Yes with addition:

5 hours ago, Vgmastr said:

How the hell can the booking be so great on Smackdown and so God awful on Raw?  

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Enzo and Cass turning on eachother is a massively stupid move.

I loathe Enzo so their breakup pushes him further to irrelevancy so I am 100% behind splitting them up

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EVA said:

"Something very bad is going to happen to you right now" is the most badass thing anyone has said on Raw in ages.

Agreed. Its been in my head all morning. And its the first time in a while I've watched a Raw segment more than once on YouTube.

EDIT: Joe screaming "AND SO DO I" in response to the fans saying they want Brock is equally as badass. This is gonna be fun.

• Like 4