DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 110: Lewis vs. Hunt (6/10/2017) - Auckland, New Zealand (Spark Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Auckland_Lewis_vs._Hunt_

UFC Fight Night 110: Lewis vs. Hunt
June 10, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand (Spark Arena)

Derrick Lewis (265) vs. Mark Hunt (265) - Hunt, TKO (referee stoppage), R4 (3:51)
Derek Brunson (186) vs. Daniel Kelly (186) - Brunson, KO (punches), R1 (1:16)
Dan Hooker (156) vs. Ross Pearson (155) - Hooker, KO (knee), R2 (3:02)
Ion Cutelaba (204) vs. Luis Henrique da Silva (206) - Cutelaba, KO (punches), R1 (0:22)
Tim Elliott (126) vs. Ben Nguyen (126) - Nguyen, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (0:49)
Alex Volkanovski (145) vs. Mizuto Hirota (146) - Volkanovski, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Damien Brown (155) vs. Vinc Pichel (156) - Pichel, KO (punches), R1 (3:37)
Luke Jumeau (170) vs. Dominique Steele (170.5) - Jumeau, DEC (unanimous)
John Moraga (126) vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian (125) - Moraga, DEC (unanimous)
Kiichi Kunimoto (170) vs. Zak Ottow (171) - Ottow, DEC (split)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
JJ Aldrich (116) vs. Chan-Mi Jeon (118)* - Aldrich, DEC (iunanimous)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Ben Nguyen
Performance of the Night: Dan Hooker
Fight of the Night: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt

Attendance: 8,649
Gate: $829,735
Rating: 923,000 viewers

Cancelled Fights:
Joseph Benavidez vs. Ben Nguyen - Injury to Benavidez (Torn ACL)
Warlley Alves vs. Kiichi Kunimoto - Injury to Alves
JJ Aldrich vs. Nadia Kassem - Kassem Withdrew From Bout
Thibault Gouti vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Gouti Withdrew Due to Illness

If Derrick Lewis gets past Hunt, should he receive the next title shot? Cain may or may not be still recovering. There is no way to determine how Overeem/Werdum 3 turns out. Via Meltzer, it sounds like that may be what the UFC is angling for should Lewis be victorious.

I hope Lewis does get the shot should he win. Hypothetically, do you think Stipe tries to take him down or outbox him with the threat of a flash KO hanging over his head?

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I hope Lewis does get the shot should he win. Hypothetically, do you think Stipe tries to take him down or outbox him with the threat of a flash KO hanging over his head?

I think he can mix it up possibly against Lewis. As much as I like Derrick, he ain't the fastest dude at heavyweight. Plus, Travis Browne had so much success targeting his body. Even though Stipe isn't as rangy, he can throw a body shot as Lewis is looping his punches. He can also trap him against him the cage. 

Louis Smolka dominated Ben Nguyen

Tim Elliott dominated Louis Smolka

So what happens in Tim Elliott vs. Ben Nguyen? Ben Nguyen chokes out Elliott in 49 seconds.

The bottom half of the 125 division has so much parity.

Nobody's wasting time on this card. If Hirota didn't have a concrete head the main card would have all ended with finishes. I can't imagine Lewis-Hunt going past two rounds.

Surprised to see an FS show likely ending before it's scheduled time-slot. They're going to need to bust out all of the filler now.

aaaaaaaaand my power just cut. Mother#@#!#@.

Edit - false alarm, just realised I can head over to Fight Pass because it's not a PPV. My monthly $10 is worth it for this month. Off-topic, but I am actually looking forward to that weekly live show that starts in July too. Any idea how it will be run? Will UFC be promoting actual shows or are they going to do it TUF-style inside of a gym?

Lewis looks like he's fading here. Those high kicks look nice and the flashy strikes are good for the score card but they are such an energy drain.

Edit : Maybe not? He's been channeling Lombard with the rest, explode game plan.

Edit#2 : No, he's fading. Not sure what he can do from here. The takedown attempt was weak as hell and the close exchanges are going Hunt's way.

Wow. Lewis just fucking quit. I think after that last flying knee he had no movement left. I also wouldn't be surprised if he twisted a knee or an ankle. A couple times in the fight he rolled his ankle on the cage.