DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - JUNE

RIPPA

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Strange game from the Phils today. We actually looked half decent for once. But god damn it, this season is a train wreck. 

Phillies fan: Our season is a train wreck.

Mets fan: Hold my beer...

• Like 2

On the positive/negative? side of things. I think they can do it! Who do they think they are, my team?

The Baltimore Orioles have allowed five or more runs in each of their last 19 games, and tonight, they have a chance to tie the all-time record for most consecutive games with five or more runs allowed.

On another topic. Why the fuck is my team still in first place? What the hell is wrong with the central this year? My team isn't that great.

I like that for some reason - tying the record was the last straw for the Os fans I know

NOW they want to blow up the team. Not like weeks ago when it was obvious to anyone that they needed to do it but "oh no - we tied a completely arbitrary record! EVERYONE MUST GO!"

• Like 1

Speaking of everyone must go - the Mets want to unload all their vets on short term contracts.

I have no idea what they expect to get in return for them but yeah.

Oh and Asdrubal Cabrera is pissed he was asked to play 2B and requested a trade.

Good times...

He dropped a ball for us, we'll take him on a minor league deal. He was in the current Brewers farm system/then Mariners I want to say way back in the day.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of everyone must go - the Mets want to unload all their vets on short term contracts.

I have no idea what they expect to get in return for them but yeah.

Oh and Asdrubal Cabrera is pissed he was asked to play 2B and requested a trade.

Good times...

Asdrubal Cabrera should be happy he wasn't asked to play in Korea.

• Like 3

Jays closer Roberto Osuna has disclosed that he is dealing with anxiety and does not know when he will pitch again

Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna said he is dealing with an anxiety issue and is unsure when he will be available to pitch again.

Osuna disclosed his situation to reporters on Saturday morning, less than 24 hours after not pitching in a save situation for the Blue Jays. The hard-throwing right-hander said he's not sure whether he'll be available to face the Kansas City Royals on Saturday as he tries to work through his issues.

"I really don't know how to explain it. I just feel anxious. I feel like I'm lost a little bit right now," Osuna, who is from Mexico, said through a translator. "I'm just a little bit lost right now.

"This has nothing to do with me being on the field. I feel great out there. It's just when I'm out of baseball, when I'm not on the field, that I feel just weird and a little bit lost."

"I wish I knew how to get out of this, but we're working on it, trying to find ways to see what can make me feel better," he said. "But, to be honest, I just don't know."

My favorite part of that game is that is was game 1 of a twin bill. Can you imagine sitting through that fucking execution and knowing you still had another game to play?

O's lost the nightcap as well, 9-7. 

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Marlins are apparently about to trade Adeiny Hechavarria to Tampa.  

St. Louis or Baltimore are in the mix to land him as well. 

The Rays and Marlins have agreed to a trade that will send shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria from Miami to Tampa Bay, reports Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (on Twitter). The Rays will send outfielder Braxton Lee and right-hander Ethan Clark to the Marlins in return and will pay the remainder of Hechavarria’s salary, according to Spencer. (Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times was the first to report that Lee and Clark were involved in talks.)

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/marlins-trade-adeiny-hechavarria-rays.html