DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - JUNE

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If the thumb doesn't count, then what about the rest of us with 4 fingers? What was Austin doing that whole time?

Based on your average WWE network edit, raising his fists up underneath some vaguely indistinct blurs.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mr. Met fired for giving a fan the middle finger

Yup - when it goes South for the Mets it goes South

Can you change the "banned" avatar from Cash giving the finger to Mr Met giving the finger? Also reports are that the fans spent the game hurling profanities at him which caused him to flip them off.

• Like 3

I hear Mr. Met is secretly Terry Collins and the Terry Collins you see on the field is a double. In more conspiratorial news, I'm also the primary owner of the Yankees.

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Can you change the "banned" avatar from Cash giving the finger to Mr Met giving the finger? Also reports are that the fans spent the game hurling profanities at him which caused him to flip them off.

Kramer and Newman must have been heckling Mr. Met.

• Like 3

I would think in any MLB park there would be fans cursing out the mascot on a daily basis, just for shits and giggles. If you can't handle that don't do the gig. Not saying its proper behavior, but guys can be jackasses(assuming it was men), especially when they get some beers in them. . . 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

That Brewers/Yankees WS could happen...

Well the Cubs certainly aren't interested in contending as they're approaching the middle of a season long hangover, so yes, that's possible.

The Brewers mascot is up in his homerun booth all game, so he's left alone. Oddly, they never boo him or the sausage folks. Must be a Wisconsin thing. If we had Bernie Brewer on the field acting like a dork, I'm sure some shit would start at some point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Would they boo barrel Man?

Unlikely. As long as it represents the team in some way positively, they'll cheer it. Unless we're down 14-0 in the 2nd inning and he's trying to entertain some drunks.

Watching the corpse of Matt Harvey is just sad at this point. He's basically a #4 or 5 starter on a mediocre rotation level. 

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Nothing noteworthy, but here's former WWF commentator/Marlins man on the street Craig (DeGeorge) Minervini nearly getting neutered off of a foul tip... 

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/marlins-reporter-saved-by-reflexes-well-placed-clipboa-1795776832

But, nah, we don't need nets to protect from foul balls. 

I can't believe these weren't installed. Wasn't there something, by rule, telling clubs to install them? I thought I remembered reading something about teams putting them up. Maybe some did, I don't know. But I thought that was one of the new things for this year, along with the new extra innings rules etc.

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Nothing noteworthy, but here's former WWF commentator/Marlins man on the street Craig (DeGeorge) Minervini nearly getting neutered off of a foul tip... 

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/marlins-reporter-saved-by-reflexes-well-placed-clipboa-1795776832

Holy fuck, and off the bat of Goldschmidt. That dude's reproductive system would have been vaporized.

MIL - LAD just turned into a much less enjoyable affair for me late in the game. Chris Hatcher walked the bases juiced B7, was relieved by Josh Fields and Travis Shaw unloaded them with a GS then Hernan Perez followed that with a solo shot to go from 4-3 LAD to 8-4 MIL real fucking quick.

Hopefully the MIL pen gets sloppy here in the next couple innings. The West looks like it's going to be a pretty tight race through the summer and into fall.