DVDVR Message Board

NXT JUNE 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

54 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This seems like a sudden development.  According to WO he's coming back for tomorrow's tapings.  Between this, announcing for Bellator AND McGregor/Mayweather the dude's a made man.

Dave has been hinting about it for months so I don't think it is that sudden

The following person supposedly has been spotted entering Full Sail and is working the tapings tonight. Add the usual caveats since half the time these don't happen

Spoiler

Bobby Fish

Just now, Eivion said:

Is it bad that I don't really have a decent idea of who that is?

Have watch ROH, New Japan and/or PWG over the last 3-5 years?

If the answer is no to all of them - that might be why

• Like 1

I like Fish's hipster douche act and ReDragon was a decent team, imo, but..... there are probably at least 50 guys I'd prefer getting an NXT deal.  And that's not even including the "bucket wish list" of wrestlers who will never sign with the 'E (like Dr. Wagner Jr. and Hiroshi Tanahashi).

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Be honest, it's just a Ribera jacket.

Just a Ribera jacket? No such thing! 

It is a badge of honor, a wrestling legacy, a way to tell the world that you have been deemed as probably able to survive 1 clothesline from Stan Hansen.

10 minutes ago, zev said:

Just a Ribera jacket? No such thing! 

It is a badge of honor, a wrestling legacy, a way to tell the world that you have been deemed as probably able to survive 1 clothesline from Stan Hansen.

I'm pretty sure Justin Roberts isn't taking any lariats from Stan Hansen.

Some thoughts from Tonight's tapings They are starting the build to brooklyn and had a few blow off matches from feuds that have been going on lately. It looks like Takeover Brooklyn will be 

Drew McIntyre vs Bobby Roode for the NXT title

Asuka vs Ember Moon for the women's title

Sanity vs Authors of Pain for the tag titles

Kassius Ohno vs Hideo Itami

No Way Jose vs Adrade Cien Almas.

They teased Danny Burch vs Oney Lorcan 3 but I'm not sure if that will happen in Brooklyn or on the next tapings. Speaking of Oney, he busted open the nose of both Hideo and Danny back to back. Johnny Gargano is also going to be on the card but not sure where

Bobby Fish debuted in a loss to Aleister Black. I kinda felt bad for Bobby as not many people knew who he was. You would think they would learn with these indie guys to bring them in with a backstory after what happened to Aries on Roddy. Bobby got a good reaction after the match at least.

This show had 3 really good matches: Roode/Roddy, Ember/Ruby and Asuka/Nikki. Ember/Ruby was a surprise in I didn't think they would have as good of chemistry as they did. Roddy worked his ass off to get a good match out of Roode. The last women's standing match was nuts with lots of spots including chairs and even a ladder. I wonder if they are going to do a TLC match with those two or go onto Ember at Brooklyn?

Good show overall. Lots of intrigue into August