DVDVR Message Board

NXT JUNE 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm on the fence about getting tickets for the Milwaukee show, last time they came, it was January of 2016 so we got Enzo/Cass v Revival, Eva Marie v Carmella, Bayley v Nia, an insane Sami v Champia match and a 3 way with Balor/Crews/Corbin. So we ended up just missing Nakamura's run, and Joe wasn't doing tours I guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing Auska and AOP in action though.

I would go anyway as it should be a great time regardless.  We barely missed Bayley but still got Nak, Joe and Aries among others.  But this year we'll get Ohno, Black, Strong and others so that's cool with me.

WWE.com put up a poll on who is the greatest NXT Superstar ever is

http://www.wwe.com/polls/who-is-the-greatest-nxt-superstar-in-history

The folks they put in the poll are:

• Alexa Bliss
  • Asuka
  • Baron Corbin
  • Bayley
  • Becky Lynch
  • Big E
  • Bo Dallas
  • Bobby Roode
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Cesaro
  • Charlotte
  • Corey Graves
  • Ember Moon
  • Finn Bálor
  • Kevin Owens
  • Neville
  • Paige
  • Rusev
  • Sami Zayn
  • Samoa Joe
  • Sasha Banks
  • Seth Rollins
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Tye Dillinger
  • Tyler Breeze

They really needed to trim that down

And that is without Tag Teams (which I have to assume is going to be a different poll)

EDIT - Apparently they are going to put the results on the NXT DVD they are releasing in Nov

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Voted Zayn. Between the series with Cesaro, the whole Redemption angle, his series with Joe, and his final match with Nakamura, he's been the class of the division throughout.

My vote too.  It's interesting trivia, but Zayn-Cesaro at NXT Arrival was the first live match broadcast on the WWE Network.

I voted Joe, Zayn was a highly considered also cause his shit was always good, but I went with Joe he's a two time NXT champ, who beat both Finn and Nakamura for the titles, was the first (only?) person to beat Demon Balor, won the first Dusty Classic, and is just generally awesome.  Asuka and Finn were also considered.

For those going to the Fake Baltimore show - what I was able to piece together on Twitter is they ran the following matches in Richmond last night

Drew McIntyre vs. Velveteen Dream Patrick Clark

Ruby Riot/Ember Moon vs. Amber Rose/Sonya Deville

Ohno worked one of the newer muscle guys who has the Brazilian Flag on his trunks

Authors of Pain, Heavy Machinery, Sanity, and Aleister Black were definitely there.

I think - THINK - Asuka worked

• Like 1

I'm really pleased to see most of my current favorites are going to be there, looking forward to them all.  Was hoping for Roddy to be there but that's alright.  Still crazy to think last time I saw Drew and Ohno live was at a small Evolve show in Joppa so I'll be happy to see them.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

surely you mean Mandy Rose ;)

Her too

Though Amber Rose would be quite the eyebrow raising signing for Paul

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Her too

Though Amber Rose would be quite the eyebrow raising signing for Paul

I never thought about this before just now, but Amber Rose seems like she'd be great for pro wrestling.  Unique look, will say anything, and can inspire irrational love and/or hate from the masses.  

Okay - finally found the full results from last night's Richmond show

1. Kassius Ohno defeated Cezar Bononi.

2. Ember Moon and Ruby Riot beat Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. 

3. Lars Sullivan beat Oney Lorcan.

4. Sanity beat Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.

5. Drew McIntyre defeated Velveteen Dream. 

6. The Authors of Pain beat Heavy Machinery to retain the NXT Tag Titles.

7. Asuka beat Nikki Cross to retain the NXT Women’s Championship. 

8. Aleister Black and Roderick Strong beat Bobby Roode and Andrade “Cien” Almas.

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That card holds almost no interest for me, so I'm glad I'll be at work. 

Well since fake Baltimore is the day after that card - it will be shuffled around

It will probably be Hero/Sombra and then you (and I) will be sad

• Like 1

Like I just told Matt, I realistically could have gone to either the Indy show last Sunday or the NXT show and I assume nothing, even hero/Sombra, would be as good as the dinasta Casas vs maya/skayde match in PA.

Also, the novelty/convenience of wrestling 15 minutes from my office and house is not as cool the second time around.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well since fake Baltimore is the day after that card - it will be shuffled around

It will probably be Hero/Sombra and then you (and I) will be sad

Yeah if the last east coast tour is an indication then fake Baltimore will be different and the Poughkeepsie in New York show will be 90% similar to Richmond down to the moves in the ring