DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING GIFS

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'm mostly impressed Chucky T protected himself giving his own move and taking the ddt well and didn't die a horrible death like some would. Smart. Some would try and spike themselves and miss the apron and fall to the ground in a heap.

Thought that was Trent?

Nah, that's Chuck.  Also, Sole Food on the apron makes no sense.  It's deadly and the HARDEST PART OF THE RING~! so you do a move where YOU take the bump?

Also, I've only suffered through a handful of his matches but I can safely assume Adam Page has never hit that "apron shooting star to a standing opponent" properly.

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

5qhCvGx.gif

So many thoughts... all of them bad.  I mean, of course there's a superkick in there.

Workers here, is this like a bet you take to see how many moves you can do on the apron? Seems a little counterproductive to work to literally 1/4th of your crowd.

Everything I hate about the indies is captured in this one single gif.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It doesn't include the spot where Romero starts clotheslining everyone, including his teammates who have to duck, lift him up, turn him around and point him at their opponents to continue clotheslining which is where the match initially lost me.  The GIF above was just turd gravy after that part!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caley said:

It doesn't include the spot where Romero starts clotheslining everyone, including his teammates who have to duck, lift him up, turn him around and point him at their opponents to continue clotheslining which is where the match initially lost me.  The GIF above was just turd gravy after that part!

The never-ending clotheslines are part of Rocky's schtick. Nothing in the match offended me. I liked it. It was your typical NJPW Jr tag match. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The never-ending clotheslines are part of Rocky's schtick. Nothing in the match offended me. I liked it. It was your typical NJPW Jr tag match. 

I think that's where the disconnect is: I see what should be a "typical NJPW Jr. Tag Match" and I think "let's skip that."

I don't believe what the Young Bucks and RPG Vice are doing is truly "indy wrestling," because most indie guys I know don't try insane amounts of stuff like this unless it's a "big show" or the blowoff of a big feud. I think maybe that's where the Bucks catch flak, in that every match they have becomes the biggest match in the history of matches, so they do this stuff all the time and everywhere.

The NJPW Jr. Tag division at least in the last 4 years or so, always has some absurd elements to it so the ROH match makes sense.

Now if you want to argue that it's silly to have that kind of stuff in a match, I'd agree with you, but I assume that management has an idea of what the matches should be and where they're placed on the card.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

The NJPW Jr. Tag division at least in the last 4 years or so, always has some absurd elements to it so the ROH match makes sense.

Now if you want to argue that it's silly to have that kind of stuff in a match, I'd agree with you, but I assume that management has an idea of what the matches should be and where they're placed on the card.

I don't dislike the Bucks and guys like them...I can just only handle them in small doses.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 2:04 PM, J.T. said:

On 6/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, caley said:

There was also the spot where Trent very considerately climbed up to the ring apron and stood in position like a goof for the Bucks' handspring->head scissors->dropkick spot.