DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

How fucking stupid can you get? 

Well, not as stupid as this:

1Sr3GN.gif

I'm never actually seen backyard wrestling (beyond googling the term).  I'm guessing I haven't missed anything?

27 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Well, not as stupid as this:

1Sr3GN.gif

I'm never actually seen backyard wrestling (beyond googling the term).  I'm guessing I haven't missed anything?

Oh man, this takes me back.  The video this gif is from is well over 10 years old.  I mean it predates Youtube, where you had to actually download the mp4 to watch it.  

You need to see the whole thing, as these goofs' screams of agony and the cameraman, who sounds EXACTLY like Butthead when he asks, "are you guys okay?" make it all worth it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

The circa-2000 episode of 20/20 about backyard wrestling is pretty hilarious from what I recall. Now that I'm thinking of it, I wonder if any of Punk's backyard fed is on tape. 

Ha, my best friend in college actually worked for them. They eventually graduated to a ring, a building and even had local TV at some point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Just guessing but it looks Mayumi Ozaki and Cuty Suzuki stomping on Bull.

Yep, here's the match that's from.

Match also has a hilarious spot where Suzuki hops on Bull's shoulders and tries to do some sort headsicssors takeover - only to end up stomach first on the mat before Bull finally rolls over.

1 hour ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

The rudest powerbomb this side of a Kevin Nash botch.

9wNsKEC.gif

And Sakura Hirota was never the same again... 

1 hour ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

The rudest powerbomb this side of a Kevin Nash botch.

9wNsKEC.gif

Reminds me of Candido's Blonde Bombshell he'd give Spike, and basically everyone else. Which, given the height and velocity, was worse.  

On 6/9/2017 at 1:18 PM, Pete said:

giphy.gif

Like a boss.

Between Stone Cold and Mark Yeaton, it's a wonder that anyone ever scored a run on the WWF/E in corporate softball leagues. 

• Like 1