DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING GIFS

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

How hard can it be to miss diving onto a really big guy holding a smaller guy?  I don't mind Robbie, but that was some bad aim on his part.

If I showed you his emails trying to get booked on the indies, you'd change your mind about the guy. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Sugar said:

If I showed you his emails trying to get booked on the indies, you'd change your mind about the guy. ;)

If you're up for it I'd love a PM with an example of one of his emails.  Thanks in advance.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:34 PM, Marty Sugar said:

Long story, short: the way he talks on TV is how he types his emails. Lots of "hey bro," and such. There's more but I'll save if for the shoot interviewz, brother! :D

I can cosign, I've met Robbie E and exactly.

• Like 1

Whoever caught him (sorry, I'm not up on lucha) saved his ass there - he didn't get much of him, but he got JUST enough to be able to change his trajectory a few degrees.  Had he not been there or not gotten a hand on him, he would've definitely spiked into either the base of the barricade or right into the concrete.

This is why being a good "catcher" is so important - not just to be there on the dives that go right, but to try to save the ones that go wrong.  I never understood "workers" that either refuse to catch dives or do a halfass job - their lives and livelihood are literally being put in your hands.  

(And if you're a manager that refuses to catch or to take a shot, a double fuck you.  I'm looking at you, [REDACTED TO REDUCE HEAT].)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

So, I'm confused... is NJPW supposed to be taken seriously, or have they cashed in on entertainment?

It's Takahashi, a member of LIJ, a stable that's built on disrespect and fucking with people.  The  beginning of the presser Takahashi said "Yeah, whatever if KUSHIDA won BOSJ, I beat him in under 2 minutes last time, give me Ospreay instead, and when Harada said "No, you get KUSHIDA", this was Takahashi's response.  It's fucking with KUSHIDA.  That's pretty much LIJ's standard.

• Like 1