DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

IMG_0826.jpg

I remember in Bret's book he talked about some magazine cover with him that had him doing a cheesecake-type pose and Greg Valentine made a comment about seeing it and wanting to have sex with him.  Reminds me of this pic!

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Hayes was really having an identity crisis with the Garvin Birds. He was trying too hard to be hip when he should have just been himself. 

Um, have you not seen how he's dressed for the past twenty years?  That IS him.

• Like 5

It was so laughably godawful when Hayes and Garvin debuted their new gimmick at one of the Clashes.  Terrible song, mistimed lip syncing, absolutely shit gear.  Oh man that fucking gear.  Studded vest, snakeskin patch tights, fingerless gloves, hat, and cane?  Motherfucker looked like a post-apocalyptic Debbie Gibson.  Looked like a Castro District thrift shop exploded.  He needed to remember Coco Chanel's cardinal rule, "Once you've dressed, and before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off."  Heavy emphasis on the "at least one thing" part.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

It was so laughably godawful when Hayes and Garvin debuted their new gimmick at one of the Clashes.  Terrible song, mistimed lip syncing, absolutely shit gear.  Oh man that fucking gear.  Studded vest, snakeskin patch tights, fingerless gloves, hat, and cane?  Motherfucker looked like a post-apocalyptic Debbie Gibson.  Looked like a Castro District thrift shop exploded.  He needed to remember Coco Chanel's cardinal rule, "Once you've dressed, and before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off."  Heavy emphasis on the "at least one thing" part.  

WCW's version of the Fabulous Ones, except it was 8 years too late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

In the history of pro wrestling, I only accept two men coming to the ring with snakeskin attire:

JULIEsawada.jpg

and

JakeTheSnakeRoberts-640x452.png

• Like 5

First thought: they have had so many titles that I don' know what the difference is between the top two and which one he still needs

Second thought: so...congratulations on what, excatly?  Being around long enough to amass some titles in an era where belts are akin to the town bicycle?

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

...and Okada can't even imitate the smile? He can screw up anything. 

The pic with the Guerrillas might be the first time Finn hasn't grinned in a photo in awhile. 

Okada has that look of "I have no clue what this is or why I'm doing it, but if it makes him happy then sure I guess."  Which is about how I'd also react if I had to do this beyond nerdy pose.

• Like 1