DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Purgatory? You all disappoint me. 

It's only purgatory when it's Highway to Hell over and over and over and over. Summerslam '98 ruined Highway to Hell for me. I mean, I like it, but not to want to hear it that much.

• Like 2

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 4:16 AM, HumanChessgame said:

Has there been a "loser becomes the winner's manservant for a month" match at any point?  It definitely seems like something that would have been done in SMW/USWA and that could be pulled off nowadays with the right two guys capable of the right amount of stooging.

Sorry if its been mentioned but wasnt HBK superkicking people for cash as JBL's servant for a while?

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Sorry if its been mentioned but wasnt HBK superkicking people for cash as JBL's servant for a while?

Yes, though it was never framed as Michaels being JBL's "servant",  JBL offered Shawn a job and Shawn eventually took the money to provide for his family.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's only purgatory when it's Highway to Hell over and over and over and over. Summerslam '98 ruined Highway to Hell for me. I mean, I like it, but not to want to hear it that much.

I think Vince became a huge AC/DC fan because of that song. Also he had never heard of the band before hearing that song and suddenly hes like "GOD DAMNED THESE GUYS ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD PAL".

He's also one of those AC/DC fans who thinks "You Shook Me All Night Long" is their best song. I know there was a news item from a while back of him and Cena being at a concert at MSG in the second row. Just picturing Vince in the suit rocking out.

7 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Yes, though it was never framed as Michaels being JBL's "servant",  JBL offered Shawn a job and Shawn eventually took the money to provide for his family.

Which the big logic problem with that was that Shawn was a WWE main eventer and could make his money back in a year if he cut back on expenses at home. 

But going back to 1999, they seem to portray their stars as bums living paycheck to paycheck. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stinger12 said:

Don't know if this is right thread.  Sorry. Move if not but my question is does anyone have contact info for Ken Patera?  Looking to send some items by mail.  Does he sign by mail? Anyone know?

I wouldn't get my hopes up, the Patera bros. are not very pleasant people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Big Show also was also forced to work for HHH and Steph in 2013 because he couldn't afford his mortgage payments.

Granted, they explained this as Big Show making some bad investments.

42 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Granted, they explained this as Big Show making some bad investments.

Wasn't this also where Stephanie said, as a giant, Big Show didn't have a long life expectancy?

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I think Vince became a huge AC/DC fan because of that song. Also he had never heard of the band before hearing that song and suddenly hes like "GOD DAMNED THESE GUYS ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD PAL".

He's also one of those AC/DC fans who thinks "You Shook Me All Night Long" is their best song. I know there was a news item from a while back of him and Cena being at a concert at MSG in the second row. Just picturing Vince in the suit rocking out.

As if he wouldn't be in an ICOPRO singlet two sizes too small, oiled up and eyeballing anyone in sight.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I no longer drive limousines. I just want to move on.

You drove a limo for Vince...and now you're not spilling secrets?

I offer advance Congrats on your Induction to the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Say hi to Regal if you get a chance.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

My theory is that his heart exploded and stopped years ago, but he's got so much shit and built-up adrenaline that his body just keeps going.

Knowing Vince, he'd opt for one of those ventricular assist devices like Dick Cheney, where he technically has no pulse, just so he could brag about it. "HAHAHA I HAVE NO HEARTBEAT, PAL!"

25 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Knowing Vince, he'd opt for one of those ventricular assist devices like Dick Cheney, where he technically has no pulse, just so he could brag about it. "HAHAHA I HAVE NO HEARTBEAT, PAL!"

"They'll fix you... they fix everything"

Now I'm thinking of RoboVince. They'll probably freeze his head like Walt Disney for that operation down the line. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Explains why he couldn't get his eyes fixed.

I think Shawn once said it wasn't really worth the risk at his age and his vision was not affected. 

9 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Big Show also was also forced to work for HHH and Steph in 2013 because he couldn't afford his mortgage payments.

I remember that, it just made WWE look so minor league. At least with Dibiase, he was portrayed as being so rich he could offer huge amounts of cash. With this, oh Big Show can make his house payment. Shouldn't a big time WWE Superstar own his house outright?

On 6/3/2017 at 0:20 AM, Ramo2653 said:

I took it as they wanted to save stuff for Extreme Rules coming up, he also mentioned kendo sticks during that segment.

His response to Big Johnny trying to talk to him about the fines for weed was hilarious too.

"You've been fined 10 times.  You could have bought a car."

"I already have a car, I just like to get high."

• Like 3