DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

26 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

The story I always heard was that the HHH thing was more about hard work than anything else. All the other stars on the roster are about partying or family or whatever and HHH was about one thing: wrestling. He showed up early, stayed late and showed an interest in things that caught Vince's eye. 

And he boned the boss's daughter.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember nothing about Kaitlyn. On the other hand, I liked AJ Lee and hope Mr. and Mrs. Brooks are enjoying their wrestling free lives. If and when, AJ and Punk have a child, I wonder if Colt Cabana will be holding the baby during the bris.

As long as Colt doesn't flinch..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Victator said:

He was already being pushed to the moon before he started actually dating Stephanie. If forced to choose, Hunter had a 50/50 shot of Vince choosing him over Steph.

True, but dating Steph certainly didn't hurt.

Actually, it probably did.  Based on their WM entrances, they're into some kinky shit.  I wonder what their safe-word is?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

True, but dating Steph certainly didn't hurt.

Actually, it probably did.  Based on their WM entrances, they're into some kinky shit.  I wonder what their safe-word is?

Lemmy

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Victator said:

Did Russo have a dad? Because it seems a dad would teach you not to challenge someone to "Say it to my face", then get a protective order when the challengee offers to do just that.

The part about a restraining order was what was missing from Alex Riley's theme.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

And locked his keys in his car at Titan Towers. Vince thought he was the first one in and the last one out. 

Petrol, you magnificent bastard. You never let me down. I'm going to get you a slice of cake from the wedding of King Edward VIII to Wallis Simpson, circa 1937, price, $29,000.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

Isn't the hhh just worked so hard and caught Vince's eye narrative contradicted by his affiliation with the Kliq?

I mean, wasn't hhh involved with the booking committee cause Shawn was?

Probably because Shawn was too pilled and coked up to actually be involved. He probably just sat in on meetings in a hat and sunglasses like Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's.

• Like 5

Just now, PetrolCB said:

Thanks, but I'll pass. I mean, do you know what happens to a butter-based frosting after six decades in a poorly ventilated English basement?

Get well. Get well soon. We want you to get well.

• Like 3

HHH is the rare guy where everything went right in his life. He's a good wrestler and a good businessman, but he needed (and got) everything to break right for him to be literal owner of WWE when Vince finally goes. He got into the right company at the right time, made the right friends, married the right woman, and peaked along side two of the company's best draws for maximum exposure. One misstep (insert quad tear joke here) at any juncture, and he's anything from Bart Gunn to Pat Patterson, but he ain't no McMahon heir.

And yes, I'm extremely jealous.

• Like 1

Aren't we a tiny bit lucky that Triple H is a fan of pro wrestling though?  I mean we aren't getting shit like NXT, CWC, UK wrestling and the MYC with anyone else running talent relations. We probably aren't seeing Nakamura or AJ Styles in main event matches either.  None of that stuff is shit that Vince would do or care about. 

I'm not sold on WWE being automatically awesome once Hunter takes over but I think it could have been in a lot worse hands than it is.  He seems to really love history and the legends and all that jazz too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

HHH is the rare guy where everything went right in his life. He's a good wrestler and a good businessman, but he needed (and got) everything to break right for him to be literal owner of WWE when Vince finally goes. He got into the right company at the right time, made the right friends, married the right woman, and peaked along side two of the company's best draws for maximum exposure. One misstep (insert quad tear joke here) at any juncture, and he's anything from Bart Gunn to Pat Patterson, but he ain't no McMahon heir.

And yes, I'm extremely jealous.

He had a pretty big misstep with the whole Kliq curtain call thing.  Had a pretty good demotion on cards, culminating in the quick squash at WM to Warrior, and he didn't seem to complain and got his spot (slowly) back.  So, he could have been like a lot of guys, get mad about it, and put in his notice or fight with Vince over it and end up slumming around the undercard of WCW but he stuck it out, took his lumps and made it back.

The Warrior match was pre Curtain Call, it was considered a reward. I'm sure he got a good check for a few minutes work. 

Only thing that worries me with Triple H is if he remains an on air talent. Based on the Shield guy feuds. I know after the Rollins feud, I never want to see him again beyond announcements. 

Johnny Ace actually had a great reputation in the biz after WCW folded. He was considered to be the best booker of match finishes in America.

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Aren't we a tiny bit lucky that Triple H is a fan of pro wrestling though?  I mean we aren't getting shit like NXT, CWC, UK wrestling and the MYC with anyone else running talent relations. We probably aren't seeing Nakamura or AJ Styles in main event matches either.  None of that stuff is shit that Vince would do or care about. 

I'm not sold on WWE being automatically awesome once Hunter takes over but I think it could have been in a lot worse hands than it is.  He seems to really love history and the legends and all that jazz too. 

Proud nxt papa, behind the scenes HHH, Yes. On-air authority HHH, no.

10 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

The story I always heard was that the HHH thing was more about hard work than anything else. All the other stars on the roster are about partying or family or whatever and HHH was about one thing: wrestling. He showed up early, stayed late and showed an interest in things that caught Vince's eye. 

(copious amounts of PEDs, vascularity, and a taste for watching muscular men show off their bodies in the guise of "bodybuilding competition")

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Johnny Ace actually had a great reputation in the biz after WCW folded. He was considered to be the best booker of match finishes in America.

Cool, what match finishes did he come up with? Is that why he's back to being an agent now?