DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

11 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Thank you, I am a visionary.  I'm also an accidental double poster.  That March Madness was happening during the worst part of my life and it made me extra angry and shitty.

Cero Miedo.

The hell, I said that two years ago.

9 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Oh no...I can actually envision this in Russo-booked WCW: Bayley cutting really awful and heatless SHOOTZ, which we know are REAL because Schiavone keeps screaming, "THIS IS A SHOOT!" And Mark Madden can refer to her as "Bayl-ME" 10,000 times in the two weeks before Vic Venom flips her back to the exuberant, childlike character without explanation. 

And Scott Hudson and Tony can talk about how professional Bayley is for going up for a powerbomb from Roman after he and Samoa Joe are forced to "improvise" a match when Braun Strowman walks out and refuses to "go up" for the powerbomb.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Oh no...I can actually envision this in Russo-booked WCW: Bayley cutting really awful and heatless SHOOTZ, which we know are REAL because Schiavone keeps screaming, "THIS IS A SHOOT!" And Mark Madden can refer to her as "Bayl-ME" 10,000 times in the two weeks before Vic Venom flips her back to the exuberant, childlike character without explanation. 

Bayley throwing her tassle-covered, lime green outfits and wacky tube men into a burning trashcan, then declaring that not only has she kissed a boy, but that she actually loves to fuck, sure would be something.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Bayley throwing her tassle-covered, lime green outfits and wacky tube men into a burning trashcan, then declaring that not only has she kissed a boy, but that she actually loves to fuck, sure would be something.

Spoiler

Most likely NSFW

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  Hide contents

Most likely NSFW

The best part is that was supposed to be the more tame line...

The original "pillow talk"-scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.

[/spoiler]

• Like 1

This has probably already been discussed before but... it's pretty safe to assume Triple H sold his soul to the devil right? How else do you go from being booked for Memphis with Perry Saturn to where he is now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

The best part is that was supposed to be the more tame line...

Reveal hidden contents

The original "pillow talk"-scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.

[/spoiler]

I love that story.

57 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

This has probably already been discussed before but... it's pretty safe to assume Triple H sold his soul to the devil right? How else do you go from being booked for Memphis with Perry Saturn to where he is now?

What if the Kliq didn't need a sober driver? In that alternative world, trips shows up in Russo-era WCW for a short lived stint as XXX.

A lot of luck came his way. I've still never heard a full account of how trips ends up on the 1997 booking committee. 

• Like 1

After listening to Cyrus on a few podcasts, I think back then all you had to do was have one or two creative ideas that either of the Vince's loved and you were on it.He of course passed them up on the offer...

1 minute ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Why does Russo need a protection order from Cornette in 2017?  Something happen recently?

Because Russo is a crazy person seeking attention

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

After listening to Cyrus on a few podcasts, I think back then all you had to do was have one or two creative ideas that either of the Vince's loved and you were on it.He of course passed them up on the offer...

That pretty much jibes with what Hunter said. Show up, keep your eyes and ears open, and when you do speak up, have something worthwhile to say.

I think Trips is just really good at recognizing who the right people were to help him get where he wants to go, and then creating mutually beneficial relationships, (Regal in WCW, the Kliq, the McMahon family.)

12 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Why does Russo need a protection order from Cornette in 2017?  Something happen recently?

Cornette challenged him to a fight on a recent podcast. So they are both acting a fool.