DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

14 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

This thread has me wondering if they could have gotten Kane and Daniel over as a same-sex couple back during the Dr. Shelby/hugging it out stuff. 

Well, this thread took a weird turn.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I wouldn't go that far.  Eugene was a portrayal of a mentally handicapped person that while entertaining was wrong at the same time.  Bayley's a competent woman who won't budge on being wholesome and a role model to girls.  And yes that's factoring in the child-like colors and such.  I just don't like that comparison at all.  But whether you agree on that or not the fact that people are considering her the female Eugene is sad and an indication of how much they fucked up her character.

If this newz~! story is correct, she is not a competent and functional adult but rather a childlike simpleton who is way too into hugs, in a creepy way that skeeves people out, and has never kissed a boy.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If this newz~! story is correct, she is not a competent and functional adult but rather a childlike simpleton who is way too into hugs, in a creepy way that skeeves people out, and has never kissed a boy.  

Well, then long and short of it they royally fucked up a sure thing.  At some point she has to have a backbone and put her foot down on this mess.  But knowing WWE they'll just make it even worse out of spite.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Some "women's revolution" this is turning out to be.  When was the last time a men's angle was built around the guy being a nerd who had never kissed a girl?  @Tromatagon was rather prescient when he called her "Female Eugene."

Thank you, I am a visionary.

Cero Miedo.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Some "women's revolution" this is turning out to be.  When was the last time a men's angle was built around the guy being a nerd who had never kissed a girl?  @Tromatagon was rather prescient when he called her "Female Eugene."

Thank you, I am a visionary.  I'm also an accidental double poster.  That March Madness was happening during the worst part of my life and it made me extra angry and shitty.

Cero Miedo.

• Like 1

I feel bad for Izzy. Realizing that she hasn't read this or her dad wouldn't tell her about this rumor, even she would have to see what has happened with Bayley and wonder, "what the fuck!"

Some idiot who travels to his writing job in a truck convoy binge watched UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT and thought "My vast experience in scripting fashion police sketches means I can totally match that in a series of 30 second vignettes taking place in a locker room between beatings!"

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If they insist on going with this, instead of having Corey lose a bet just pair her with Finn and they willfully kiss at Summerslam.  There were things in NXT that had people wondering for awhile anyway so it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to pair up on TV.  At least it's something I wouldn't actively hate if they went this route.  It would help though if she was built up as a competent star that's beloved by all to make either scenario work, but that got messed up.  And if this is just a stupid rumor then we all did a little fantasy booking for giggles.  Considering it's been a slow day I'm okay with that.

If it's going to suck either way, at least make it make sense storylinewise and bring a few things together: Make Bayley the backup for Cedric Alexander vs. Noam Dar and Alicia Fox.

Simple, effective, has already been hinted from months back, uses a natural storyline already going on, and makes a somewhat non-farfetched payoff as well.

Plus, maybe Vince would be so blinded by Noam Dar saying "Alicia FOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXX" that he'd forget to book Bayley like the simpleton there.

Okay - it probably should be pointed out

I would be a lot more worried if it was from a source that wasn't the Inquistir - where their only source is quoting their own story

But hey IT'S BEING REPORTED!!! WE JUST WON'T TELL YOU BY WHO!!!!

Basically - they took idle speculation from Alvarez and Meltzer and turned it into REPORTING~!

(Bryan and Dave basically looked at the booking and Alvarez was all "God - they are going to make it where she kisses a boy aren't they" and it went from there)

So if someone has an actual link to a story.

Otherwise - I am sure we can all come up with shitty booking ideas for Bayley

(That wasn't a challenge)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Isn't that essentially Daniel Bryan?

I'm pretty sure that was the Daniel Bryan/Bellas angle.  You might be able to include Ellsworth as well.

So Bayley gets her heart...Broken...and joins the Hardys as Lita 2.0?

How they gonna steady the wacky giant inflatable men so Bayley can swanton or moonsault off of one?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zev said:

So Bayley gets her heart...Broken...and joins the Hardys as Lita 2.0?

How they gonna steady the wacky giant inflatable men so Bayley can swanton or moonsault off of one?

I almost hate myself that I would actually be interested in seeing this happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Of course. It could just be bullshit, but they appear to be moving in that direction, which is really fucking gross considering Corey is married and Bayley is either engaged or married, isn't she? They keep treating their fan base like a bunch of rubes and marks, acting like they've never profiled Corey's life on the WWE Network or on NXT or on Raw and acting like they've never shown Bayley at home with her fiance. To be fair, take half of their Network subscriber base and say that is at least the population that will watch Raw or SDL on occasion and views most of the PPVs and then probably give even money that those same people are smart to at least the rumored goings on with WWE. That's a sizable chunk of the Raw or SDL audience. No wonder why viewership is falling off as fast as it is.

This reminds me of RAW talk after Extreme Rules. Corey and Renee were going on about how Rich homie Swann should take Sasha out on the town and she goes "Guys, come on. I'm married".  And that ended the whole discussion, I thought it was funny. She wasn't having it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It could be worse. Bayley could break character and say this isn't really her and the hugging and being nice to Izzy was all a work. 

Oh no...I can actually envision this in Russo-booked WCW: Bayley cutting really awful and heatless SHOOTZ, which we know are REAL because Schiavone keeps screaming, "THIS IS A SHOOT!" And Mark Madden can refer to her as "Bayl-ME" 10,000 times in the two weeks before Vic Venom flips her back to the exuberant, childlike character without explanation. 

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

With Bryan, I don't think there was anything about him never kissing a girl before, it was just more of a "these hot girls are way out of his league" thing. Guess he kinda broke kayfabe with that one.

The Bellas thought he was a virgin when he was, in fact, a vegan and romantically involved with Gail Kim.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I've never cringed so hard reading a wrestling rumor, and I read the entire sleaze thread.

The sleaze thread was entertaining, as was the Hulk Hogan dumpster fire thread. This Bayley storyline isn't going to have the entertaining elements of either. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The sleaze thread was entertaining, as was the Hulk Hogan dumpster fire thread. This Bayley storyline isn't going to have the entertaining elements of either. 

Unless you count Rippa getting so annoyed he goes on a head spiking spree. 

• Like 2