DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I don't even know what to say anymore about this.  I'd wish for her to be on Smackdown but with the MITB horseshit I wouldn't wish that on anybody.  NXT would be a "demotion" and she would be fed to Asuka anyway.  So she's at the mercy of this shitty writing and there's nobody that will pipe in and say "You know, this is a fucking stupid idea."  I'm trying not to go into nerd rage because 1. It's trivial with bigger shit going on and 2. It doesn't surprise me this would be considered.  But anymore it's just really, really frustrating and maddening at the same time.

And assuming they go through with this they already said she kissed/dated a guy during the This is Your Life segment.  I'm sure they're hoping people forgot that (I'm still trying to) but that happened recently.

I had more to say but at this point fuck it, this whole thing sucks.  All I can hope for is somebody like Meltzer to say that was a weak-ass rumor or that common sense prevailed.

• Like 1

Bayley, I'm going to put this as nicely as possible.

You want this "revolution" to be something that isn't placed in quotes? Ok, then grow a fucking spine and shut this shit down. No one in creative, not Vince, and not Kevin Dunn will show you an ounce of respect until you tell them to fuck off, you're not doing, it's a shitty story, it's entirely unbelievable, and it will only hurt your character worse than it has already been damaged. Fuck, you may have to threaten to fist fight Vince. You may have to scream in his face. You may have to not only knock on his door while he's eating, but you may have to actually sit in his office and wait until he's done with his last bite before you talk shop with him. Until you stand up for yourself, you're just going to be written out of the company because aside from your peers, HHH is the only one who understands what kind of commodity you are, and he isn't in a position to help you out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Not to question the impeccable reputation of Internet NEWZ sites, but this was the same site that said Rusev was coming back last night and that American Alpha were suppose return and be involved in a big angle too.

Yea I was able to say, lets not get all up and arms over an unsourced rumor, it could be someone feeding someone bullshit for fun or just made up altogether for clicks.

Of course. It could just be bullshit, but they appear to be moving in that direction, which is really fucking gross considering Corey is married and Bayley is either engaged or married, isn't she? They keep treating their fan base like a bunch of rubes and marks, acting like they've never profiled Corey's life on the WWE Network or on NXT or on Raw and acting like they've never shown Bayley at home with her fiance. To be fair, take half of their Network subscriber base and say that is at least the population that will watch Raw or SDL on occasion and views most of the PPVs and then probably give even money that those same people are smart to at least the rumored goings on with WWE. That's a sizable chunk of the Raw or SDL audience. No wonder why viewership is falling off as fast as it is.

Just now, RIPPA said:

If Bayley is reading this board - I am fucked

To be fair, this board is milder than vanilla ice cream when it comes to weird shit Bayley would read about herself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Of course. It could just be bullshit, but they appear to be moving in that direction, which is really fucking gross considering Corey is married and Bayley is either engaged or married, isn't she? They keep treating their fan base like a bunch of rubes and marks, acting like they've never profiled Corey's life on the WWE Network or on NXT or on Raw and acting like they've never shown Bayley at home with her fiance. To be fair, take half of their Network subscriber base and say that is at least the population that will watch Raw or SDL on occasion and views most of the PPVs and then probably give even money that those same people are smart to at least the rumored goings on with WWE. That's a sizable chunk of the Raw or SDL audience. No wonder why viewership is falling off as fast as it is.

I don't think that should matter, wrestling is acting. Actors go to premieres with their wives when in the movie they are married to someone else, I think fans are smart enough now to understand what happens on TV isn't real.

I mean I agree the storyline is really stupid, just not for that reason :)

Their track record for romance angles isn't horrible. Macho and Elizabeth, Test and Steph, HHH-Steph-Angle, Molly and Spike...

Unfortunately there's also Billy and Chuck, Steph and HHH, Eve and Cena, Mark Henry and Mae Young...

EDIT: Actually, I don't have the time for it now, but I wonder what their batting average is for romance angles. That would make for an interesting read. An all-encompassing detailing of every romance angle in WWE history.

If they insist on going with this, instead of having Corey lose a bet just pair her with Finn and they willfully kiss at Summerslam.  There were things in NXT that had people wondering for awhile anyway so it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to pair up on TV.  At least it's something I wouldn't actively hate if they went this route.  It would help though if she was built up as a competent star that's beloved by all to make either scenario work, but that got messed up.  And if this is just a stupid rumor then we all did a little fantasy booking for giggles.  Considering it's been a slow day I'm okay with that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Some "women's revolution" this is turning out to be.  When was the last time a men's angle was built around the guy being a nerd who had never kissed a girl?  @Tromatagon was rather prescient when he called her "Female Eugene."

I wouldn't go that far.  Eugene was a portrayal of a mentally handicapped person that while entertaining was wrong at the same time.  Bayley's a competent woman who won't budge on being wholesome and a role model to girls.  And yes that's factoring in the child-like colors and such.  I just don't like that comparison at all.  But whether you agree on that or not the fact that people are considering her the female Eugene is sad and an indication of how much they fucked up her character.

Fuck it, if they're getting out the shovels go all in and have Steph drown her in one of those septic tank kiddie pool matches and then get some guy to come out to revive her and 

Spoiler

f788f84fd3d9ce6621f347dd95f9c844.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Isn't that essentially Daniel Bryan?

This thread has me wondering if they could have gotten Kane and Daniel over as a same-sex couple back during the Dr. Shelby/hugging it out stuff.