DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

37 minutes ago, caley said:

It would certainly be interesting if WWE hired the same cameramen as NJPW.  Was watching the intros to the Anderson/Gallows/Gallows-Bennett/Taven/Kanellis match last night and the camera-angles and zooms on Maria were absolutely SHAMELESS.

Are you kidding.

Half the board would report the cameraman to Rippa and start threads to bitch about it being creppy.

• Like 8

Can you imagine how many times Rippa would have to say some version of "Settle down, Hollywood Cibernetico"?  I don't think we'd need to worry about half the board griping about it, he's got that taken care of.

And Eddie showing restraint on posting the Maria/AJ/Anderson gif?  Color me surprised.  *gives Eddie some baklava*

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Are you kidding.

Half the board would report the cameraman to Rippa and start threads to bitch about it being creppy.

That's why I said interesting!  I mean, I don't have to moderate it...

In all honesty, I don't know how the mods do it, to be honest.  I'm a moderator on a hockey message board and the complaints/reports/fights drive me NUTS.

So, I'd just like to give a shout-out to our many DVDVR Mods!  You do a much better job than I ever could/would/should.

2 hours ago, caley said:

It would certainly be interesting if WWE hired the same cameramen as NJPW.  Was watching the intros to the Anderson/Gallows/Gallows-Bennett/Taven/Kanellis match last night and the camera-angles and zooms on Maria were absolutely SHAMELESS.

Maybe the cameramen who worked Cubs games on WGN need jobs, since the Cubbies moved to Comcast. 

11 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

No one there is even going to know who in the hell he is.  If they're lucky, they might remember Maria.

Maria is kinda hard to forget, no?

• Like 3

On 6/15/2017 at 10:51 PM, PetrolCB said:

The sad thing is, there is absolutely someone out there who is willing to do it for him. 

That being said, if we're doing a heist, and need some soldiers, recruit us GTA thread posters. We're well versed. We'll ensure no casualties and make sure it's all for the greater good. 

This is irrelevant, but it reminded me of this... 

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

How the hell did everyone manage to keep a straight face while Ric and Lethal were going at it?

They were off camera, but it sounded like Tenay and Tazz were barely holding it together.

AJ, Nigel, Storm, and Kaz are true pros, though. I still laugh watching that and I've seen that segment at least 20 times.

• Like 1

See if Buff Bagwell really does retire, how many active Pro Wrestlers who are WCW veterans would be left?Just AJ, Daniels and Steiner?

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

See if Buff Bagwell really does retire, how many active Pro Wrestlers who are WCW veterans would be left?Just AJ, Daniels and Steiner?

Is helms strictly an agent these days? 

11 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Random observation, but I've been spending a lot of time recently watching 90's WWF and WCW PPVs. How is Marc Mero regarded as a worker? Cause he's been a high point in some stuff I wasnt expecting to like much

His fellow workers all seem to hate him because he got guaranteed money from the WWF before he did. I thought he got really good as Johnny B. Badd before leaving WCW, started off hot in the WWF, then injuries did him in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is helms strictly an agent these days? 

Helms works occasionally.

A lot of the luchadores they used are still going. Rey, Juvi, LA Park, Nicho, Silver King just off the top of my head are still going.