DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

On 6/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, RonL21 said:

Apparently, Bray Wyatt and his wife are getting divorced. The part of this that shocked me was the reason she said they were getting divorced was because he was having an affair with Jojo. Never would have pictured those two

While I do prefer Dragonball and Yuyu Hakusho, Jojo is a fine series. 

• Like 2

It's entirely possible that the casual fan in China is removed enough from the product that they wouldn't know the difference between Raw and SmackDown rosters anyway.  It's still WWE at the end of the day.

It also gives them an easy option to bring whatever talent they want to the event, no matter the roster.  Heck, send some NXT kids over - it'd be invaluable experience for them.

Well Tian Bing is a lock to go again and I have to imagine some - if not all - of the other Chinese recruits will go on the trip (Considering they all went last year too)

Last year was an all RAW show + John Cena so it really looks like it will just be all SDL + John Cena this year

Follow that thread as Brandon pulls more quotes out of that video so that way you don't have to watch it

But Show is in full on "I don't give a fuck mode" anymore.

(Not that any of this is a surprise)

This press release was sent to Pwinsider.comtoday…

BYE BYE BUFF DADDY
1990-2018 Retirement Tour

Woodstock, GA, May 31, 2018– Approaching his 28th year in the world of professional wrestling and sports entertainment, Marcus “BUFF the STUFF” Bagwell, or as many have referred to him over the years as his entrance music shouts “BUFF DADDY”!!! has made a definitive decision that as of May 2018 he will lace up his boots for the last time and put the block buster to rest.

When asking Buff about the retirement decision he simply said:

“When going with the Buff Daddy character I knew it was going to be a blessing and a curse.” The blessing was, it was always an over exaggerated part of me so it was easy and a lot of fun to do, but when you call yourself BUFF!! You better damn sure live it and be in that gym 4-5 times per week.

Going into my 28th year in ring performing and with injuries and a few major surgeries over these last few years I really wanted to end my in-ring career still looking and performing like Buff Bagwell.

Anchor Marcus Buff Bagwell is one of the most professional workers currently on the independent wrestling scene. His dedication to the professional wrestling world and the Buff Bagwell character goes unmatched by anyone currently working independent dates. This former 5 time WCW tag team champion and former NWO member is not only a very recognized draw to any promotion throughout the world, but goes above and beyond giving the fans and the promotion an experience to reflect on for many years to come.

For booking inquiries on Buff Bagwell, please contact MEP Worldwide Office at (330) 837.1697 or email at [email protected].

Buff Bagwell announced a "retirement tour today"

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/buff-bagwell-announces-retirement-tour

Vicious and Delicous.

Buff Bagwell in an interview a couple years ago spoke on that TNA Angle where Sting brought him out as a potential tag partner before choosing Samoa Joe. And Buff went on a tirade about how much better shape he was than Joe and how he should have been in the PPV main event not Joe in 2006 mind you. I got a chuckle over how delusional he sounded. 

But my favorite Buff Bagwell moment doesn't even directly involve him, I saw a shoot interview clip on YouTube years back of Ricky Morton just spinning into an absolute rage over how much money Buff made in the business and how much better Ricky was in ring than Buff and how his biggest year was only 100k.

41 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I can't hate on Buff, he made a long career out of not being very good in-ring which is quite a feat. What were some of his best performances, and did he have any great matches after his neck injury?

Day of the Warrior with Julie Strain? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Follow that thread as Brandon pulls more quotes out of that video so that way you don't have to watch it

But Show is in full on "I don't give a fuck mode" anymore.

(Not that any of this is a surprise)

It's not an uncommon feeling amongst the wrestlers. Jericho's comeback before the most recent one was just to do house shows and avoid TVs. Batista said if he were to come back, he'd only want to do house shows as well. The video is from Talk is Jericho, BTW.

35 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Vicious and Delicous.

Buff Bagwell in an interview a couple years ago spoke on that TNA Angle where Sting brought him out as a potential tag partner before choosing Samoa Joe. And Buff went on a tirade about how much better shape he was than Joe and how he should have been in the PPV main event not Joe in 2006 mind you. I got a chuckle over how delusional he sounded. 

But my favorite Buff Bagwell moment doesn't even directly involve him, I saw a shoot interview clip on YouTube years back of Ricky Morton just spinning into an absolute rage over how much money Buff made in the business and how much better Ricky was in ring than Buff and how his biggest year was only 100k.

Bagwell could have good matches but not very memorable ones. The Joe thing is not surprising, body guys can't see any value in anything but physiques. Hell I remember hearing Paul Roma say Ricky Steamboat had a mediocre build. As if anyone gives a shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Bagwell could have good matches but not very memorable ones.  

If anything, Bagwell seemed as close to "replacement level" for a pro wrestler as you could get in every way- charisma, in-ring ability, promos, connection with the audience...virtually everything but look.

For most of it it was clear- if you were better than Bagwell, you were probably pretty good. If you were worse than Bagwell, you probably stunk at that aspect of the sport.

...so if nothing else, he had that going for him.

• Like 2

Found the Joe quote 

http://www.iwnerd.com/buff-bagwell-rips-samoa-joe/

“Samoa Joe, to me, I’ve never got that. I know he’s very popular. I know he’s very good in the ring, I think he’s a great wrestler, I like to watch him. But when you’ve got a chance to do a storyline, to the world of wrestling fans, who’s going to be Sting’s tag team partner, and the options are Lex Luger, Marcus Bagwell, and Samoa Joe. I mean, who in the heck is Samoa Joe? And Luger wasn’t fit enough, so I fit the part perfectly. I really don’t know where [TNA] were going with that, except maybe a push for Samoa Joe? Me and Samoa Joe haven’t spoke 10 words together. He was on one independent show with in Cleveland, and he got mad because I was in the main event and he wasn’t. To me, Samoa Joe is a fat, out of shape guy who looks like he should not be in a wrestling ring, and I’ve not heard or seen anybody ever draw a dollar with him” (Source: Pancakes and Powerslams).