DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Which one's Murphy?

the one with welts from cane shots and other whipping devices

There hasn't been a BDSM gimmick since the Bashams and Shaniqua if my memory is correct. Maybe it's time to dust it off for Alexa, Blake, and Murphy. Demolition's gimp masks have to be in storage somewhere.

To save Rippa the trouble, settle down Nice Guy Cibernetico.

• Like 5

Anyone know what happened to Daizee Haze?  I guess she's planning to stay retired (she's wrestled one match since 2011).

Just curious,  I"m not really clear if she actually retired or just didn't come back to wrestling.  At one point, it was rumored she was told to take time off to deal with some health issues.  I'm not clear if she came back from that, and then retired, or if that was 2011.

She retired in 2011 due to health issues. Rumors were either an eating disorder (she was unhealthily skinny at the end, couldn't be more than 90 lbs) or some other sort of illness.

So we've got to be getting a women's Royal Rumble match in January don't we? There's enough talent now between the 3 rosters, plus some special surprise entrants. I just want to see Nia vs Tamina, or Nia and Tamina tagging up.

Dual brand tag titles would be cool to see too.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-10 at 4:03 AM, JonnyLaw said:

Which one's Murphy?

gunner-me-pictures-04.jpg

The one who didn't end up being the only member of Immortal, six months after the entire faction left the promotion.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:11 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the one with welts from cane shots and other whipping devices

There hasn't been a BDSM gimmick since the Bashams and Shaniqua if my memory is correct. Maybe it's time to dust it off for Alexa, Blake, and Murphy. Demolition's gimp masks have to be in storage somewhere.

pr9ZCHu.gif

• Like 3

What kind of paint do wrestlers use?  I'm getting my Halloween plans together, and I want something that will stay on for a few hours, and, hell, Sting's paint usually stayed on well into 30 min of a 60 min broadway with Flair.

I always thought the WCW and NWA guys (Sting, Road Warriors, etc) used latex based paint just because of how it would rub or peel off throughout the match.

WWE now looks like they use paint that winds up smearing. Like Sting's paint in WWE looked like shit I thought.

• Like 1

I always assumed wrestlers who used paint just used regular clown make up. Maybe that's what Sting was using now. I know there was a story from a TNA ppv in Detroit where he forgot his white paint for his face and ended up borrowing some from a fan in the crowd (a juggallo of all people) so it has to be regular clown make up.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

To put over the new King of Old School. Even though he lost, the Texas Bullrope match at Living Dangerously 2000 pretty much put Corino on the map in ECW.

I remember Corino calling Dusty "The man that cut Magnum TA's brakes" and it was the early days of wrestling on the internet, so I found Corino's email online and asked him if he'd run the line past Dusty beforehand, he wrote back "No, but it got great heat!"

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nate said:

What kind of paint do wrestlers use?  I'm getting my Halloween plans together, and I want something that will stay on for a few hours, and, hell, Sting's paint usually stayed on well into 30 min of a 60 min broadway with Flair.

Acrylic, according to Sting in WCW Magazine about 25 years ago.

• Like 3