DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/22/17

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 22, 2017 from Mumbai, India

*Matt Sydal def. Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Braxton Sutter, Suicide, & Trevor Lee in the Sony SIX X Division Invitational Elimination Match.
-Lee eliminated Braxton
-Lee elminated Suicide
-Davey & Eddie were DQed for using steel chairs on each other
-Sydal eliminated Lee with the Shooting Star
*Sydal is presented with a trophy by the Sony CEO, Bruce Prichard, & Scott D'Amore.

*Swoggle chases Spud out through the crowd. Spud tells him to kiss his ass and gets away.

*Laurel Van Ness & Sienna def. Allie & Rosemary when Sienna pinned Rosemary after Laurel hit the curb stomp following a distraction from KM coming out and then brawling to the back with Braxton Sutter.

*Sonjay Dutt's Championship Celebration with Punjabi dancers as Sonjay comes out with Mahabali Shera. Sonjay talks about it taking 15 years to become X Division Champion. He thanks the fans and promises to be the greatest X Division Champion ever. Low Ki interrupts and congratulates Sonjay on becoming champion but he wants his rematch. They agree to a 2/3 Falls Match for the X Division Championship at Slammiversary. They shake hands but then Low Ki attacks Sonjay & Shera. Ki hits the Warrior's Way double stomp on Shera and goes to do the same to Dutt but Matt Sydal makes the save.

*Mahabali Shera def. KM with the Sky High. After the match, Kongo Kong came out and helped KM double team Shera.

*Eli Drake & Chris Adonis come out for a promo. They mock Moose and joke about him not having a partner as they then call him out. Moose comes out and admits that his friends are tied up at Slammiversary. Moose then reveals his partner will be NFL star DeAngelo Williams. Adonis & Eli end up attacking Moose and laying him out.

*Alberto el Patron & James Storm def. Lashley & Ethan Carter III via DQ when EC3 attacked the referee. After the match, they brawl to the outside where Alberto chases Lashley off with a steel chair then celebrates in the crowd with the Global Force and Impact World titles.

Okay - I realized now that it isn't clear

Did they fly fucking DeAngelo Williams to India just to make the match or did Moose just say it?

I am assuming the latter but ya never know

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I realized now that it isn't clear

Did they fly fucking DeAngelo Williams to India just to make the match or did Moose just say it?

I am assuming the latter but ya never know

Yeah I believe just said it, and since he wasn't actually there, Moose got attacked 2 on 1.

Solid X Division opener and main event. I dig the potential of Ki vs. Sydal with Sydal coming to save Sonjay. Knockouts tag was disappointingly short for being the first time Rosemary was pinned. The JB/Park training montage was kind of amusing this time.

7 hours ago, Thibs said:

Eli is still boss on the mic. Idk why they saddle him with Adonis. It would be like putting Rock with Billy Gunn in 1998.

This.  I know he's a sacred cow for a lot of DVD posters, but Adonis/Masters has never impressed me all that much.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I can't believe I didn't immediately realize why Sonjay was given the X-Division Title. Silly me.

P.S. This fucking company and it's complete lack of creativity.

There's two reasons. 1) In India 2) He's a backstage agent now.

39 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I can't believe I didn't immediately realize why Sonjay was given the X-Division Title. Silly me.

P.S. This fucking company and it's complete lack of creativity.

And also fuck them for trying to make inroads into an emerging market. Stupid fuckity fucks

On 2017-06-27 at 7:30 PM, Thibs said:

And also fuck them for trying to make inroads into an emerging market. Stupid fuckity fucks

I can see your argument, but this company is more apt to just copy what they see in the WWE.

Daniel Bryan wins WWE Title, Eric Young magically becomes TNA World Champion...because they're both small and bearded and underappreciated and blah-blah-blah.

Jinder Mahal wins the WWE Title out of the blue, Sonjay gets the X-Division Title...and immediately does a Punjabi Celebration like OH WAIT THAT WAS ON TV LAST WEEK.

It's as bad as this indy-level bullshit:

19511199_1705697256114845_91027580919883

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Jinder Mahal wins the WWE Title out of the blue, Sonjay gets the X-Division Title...and immediately does a Punjabi Celebration like OH WAIT THAT WAS ON TV LAST WEEK.

Didn't Impact plan India before WWE thought about Jinder?  Could have sworn that was the case.  But even if not I'm still of the belief Impact has done a better job in showing how awesome India is and making their stars a big deal.  I don't know what promotion they got out of this, but Sony Six being involved couldn't hurt.  One advantage WWE has is that they're well known and bigger news/entertainment outlets are more likely to know about Jinder.  But I'm hoping Impact's doing what they can to get Mahabali and Sonjay out to as many people as possible.

As for Daniel and EY comparison, you're on the money about that one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

While Jarrett and TNA might've HAD India first, nothing came of it after one season of Ring Ka King...otherwise the RKK and GFW Tag Champs wouldn't be working WWE with Jinder Mahal.

You got me there, sir.  RKK had potential to take off, from what I saw it looked great.  Too bad it didn't pan out.

Obviously the next logical step for TNA is to go from the impact zone where people pay for parking to see the show to India where they have to pay the audience to attend. 

Making inroads though that's what's important. 

7 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I can see your argument, but this company is more apt to just copy what they see in the WWE.

Daniel Bryan wins WWE Title, Eric Young magically becomes TNA World Champion...because they're both small and bearded and underappreciated and blah-blah-blah.

It's as bad as this indy-level bullshit:

19511199_1705697256114845_91027580919883

I mean, I get the perception but the India tour's been planned for a while. Should they not play to the Indian fan base because WWE decided they wanted to run with Jindar 3 weeks prior?

All the while, WWE is signing everyone and anyone that used to be in TNA. Everyone copies everyone-- WWE's entire presention for the last 20 yrs on Monday nights has been a ripoff of Nitro. 

There's plenty of other legit things to hate on Impact about. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While it is obvious they put the X division title on Sonjay because they were in India,  it wasn't that terrible of a choice compared to Jinder.   Jinder was a nobody that they put the world title.  Sonjay was true star of TNA since the beginning and still really good in the ring.  Plus it fits the narrative of him being in TNA off and on for 15 years with no title.   Plus Low Ki legit fucked his eye up.   So Sonjay winning makes perfect sense.   Is he better than a Trevor Lee or Andrew Everett in the prime of their careers?  Maybe not because he can still have damn good matches with him

Now if they put a title on Shera in the TV tapings then the Jinder argument is 100% accurate.  That guy is a horrible wrestler who hadn't done anything except team with Grado.  

By the way catching up on Impact shows, maybe they need to start being more selective about their Orlando crowd like in India because I don't think I have seen a crowd with more percentage of attractive women in the crowd. Maybe they are mostly actresses but who cares it is refreshing.   I say percentage of because the WWE would have lots more in the crowd