DVDVR Message Board

SDL Presents Money in the Bank 2017

RIPPA

He had to block from putting it on himself fulfilling one of my dream angles of a guy doing the claw to himself cause his hand is possessed.

• Like 1

Way to go with the least interesting choices for the MITB winners; and I've grown to like Baron Corbin from downright hating him in nxt.  The best way for me to express my happiness over Maria being back. My fellow Greek, NikoBaltimore will appreciate this.

• Like 1

If they switched Jinder's music to Mohammad Hassan, would anything about the gimmick really change all that much? People probably already think he's Arab as opposed to you know um Italian, ahem.

Do white people who think they are black really dress like James Ellsworth now?  that outfit was something

AJ hanging from that hook all I can think of "he is going to do that bump he did at Destination X".  In hindsight it might have been a better idea

I did like that after years of Sami screwing Kevin Owens out of the big opportunity in ladder matches that Kevin finally got some paycheck.  Of course then almost killing himself taking that AA to the ladder.  

In the first ever, historic, women's MITB match, they actually had a man climb up to get the briefcase and hand it to a woman. Absolutely one of the most tone deaf decisions they've ever made. So, so stupid.

• Like 17

It's not that I even hate Baron Corbin, he has improved but he's not ready for main event level at all and Vince continues to be completely tone deaf. 

I did enjoy Jinder Mahal against Orton Part II.  The Maharajah has a great look, tremendous entrance, awesome little stooges and he's passable on the mic. In-ring I wasn't sold but he's been okay. 

I liked it.

Women's MITB was okay. Too short. Ending was...uh...transitional.

The Usos and The New Day put on a hell of a match. I haven't been watching regularly in forever but are they always this good when paired up together? Ending stretch was a little wonky, but whatever, that was the sleeper best match on the card. I like the count out finish. Old fashioned, shitty, frustrating, keeps it alive (maybe unnecessarily?), but the stuff in ring was great.

Lana isn't bad? Was that suplex into the ropes intentional?  It was a little slow. I dunno, just kinda there. I like Naomi's submission. I wish Rusev had come out.

Likewise for Jinder/Orton. Felt very "To Be Continued" in a way that wasn't interesting. Seemed like a rehash of their last match. 

I liked the MITB a whole lot. I'm probably more of a sucker for ladder matches (generally) and big dumb multi-man matches than some, but boy was Nakamura over!  I loved the angle, thought it worked exactly as it should have, building up Nakamura and Styles. Owens is an MVP every time I see him, that apron suplex bump was silly and nasty. Dolph, for however boring he is as a character, still has a great dropkick. I wish Sami Zayn had more direction, but I liked what they were trying to do with him within the context of the match. Corbin winning was fine despite his weird hairline and it makes sense in the long term to have a "Uhhh...here's a heel you can face!" kind of feud with someone at the ready. 

The idea of a Corbin championship reign seems confusing from a bunch of different angles, but I guess that's the plan at some point in the next two years.

Someone already made it!

In honor of all the Italian-American turned Arab-American Muslim and Indo-Canadians turned Indian whatever religion he happens to be, who cares.

Just now, hammerva said:

When you are wondering what your wrestling friends wedding song is in the next year or so ,  blame Mike and Maria Bennett by the way.   

It has a very Jimmy Loves Lacey vibe. I hope Jimmy Jacobs is behind the writing for Mike and Maria.

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

Maria and Mike Kanellis, folks!

My friend's husband's parents both legally changed their names to something new when they got married. Didn't last, but that's something different.

3 minutes ago, steve said:

Hypothetically, if Rusev had handed the briefcase to Lana, does the fact that people give a crap about them mitigate the backlash at all?

Maybe a smidgen, but it still would be awful.  It's the principle of the matter. I have some serious thoughts on it, but trying to process it before I type a response.  Ultimately, I wish I can say I was surprised by that booking choice. But I wasn't.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The theme oddly fits, since that's not actually even Arabic, it's just generic noises. Just pretend it's Punjab.

Middle-Eastern music is actually pretty popular in India.

1 minute ago, steve said:

Hypothetically, if Rusev had handed the briefcase to Lana, does the fact that people give a crap about them mitigate the Backlash at all? 

Absolutely. I think it's a fun loophole to exploit in the MITB rules. It's obnoxious, but it hasn't been done before (as far as I can remember). Though, I think there's an argument to be made about it devaluing the larger match and its place in history.