DVDVR Message Board

SDL Presents Money in the Bank 2017

RIPPA

That is probably married to the item I posted about in the general thread

Miracle and Maria are supposed to show up on either the PPV or Tuesday on SDL

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 8:34 AM, RIPPA said:

Dave put in the WON that there will be some sort of Legends segment on the show

There will also be some sorts of a legends segment to the show.

This hasn’t been announced publicly, but with St. Louis having the rich history for pro wrestling, being a hotbed in particular from the 1920s until the early 1980s, and then coming back in recent years hosting more PPVs than any other city of comparable size as well as hosting the NCAA tournament regularly, it has regained its prominence.

Ric Flair, Bob Orton Jr., Larry Hennig (interesting since Hennig never wrestled once in his career in St. Louis), Baron Von Raschke and Greg Gagne are all confirmed as appearing on the show in some form with the idea they were former St. Louis stars. Gagne worked a few shows in the 70s in St. Louis, while Flair was one of the bigger draws in the history of the city, at least until 1983. The early years of Flair as champion were the best drawing years on a consistent basis in the city’s history, but after 1983 that was far from the case.

Orton and Von Raschke were solid stars in the city.

Several other names have been mentioned as possibilities like Gerald Brisco, Rocky Johnson and Ted DiBiase, but we don’t have confirmation of those names. What the segment entails isn’t clear.

Larry Matysik, 70, who was the television announcer from 1971 to 1983 for Wrestling at the Chase, was contacted and was originally going to appear at his first WWE live event in more than 20 years.

However, this past week he got a call from Sue Aitchison, who said that Vince McMahon saw the name and immediately removed it, saying that Matysik’s disability would not allow it because the fire code wouldn’t allow him into the building because he has a power wheelchair.

Obviously, that’s not the case in a modern arena. Exactly why Matysik’s name was really removed wasn’t clear. Knowing how WWE usually does these things when bringing back old stars, the idea is to use them to put over younger heels bullying them. If that’s the case here, with Matysik confined to a wheelchair, it would be a bad look and worse, it would be a terrible idea if physicality was involved to have someone in a wheelchair in the ring when this is going on. If no angle is involved, then it could be something personal, although this did involve rescinding an invitation to appear and they could have done the in-ring angle without him and still had him involved in other ways.

Ah okay - the 6th woman thing is coming from a Tweet the WWE account put up (and has since deleted)

It said 6 men and 6 women and now everyone is saying that clearly that was a spoiler instead of a mistake

Everyone involved in booking that Women's MITB match needs to fuck several cacti.  How the fuck do you think that ending is acceptable in any way, shape, or form?

Jinder/Orton was good.

Fuck, if you were just giving the MITB to Corbin, why the fuck do you do the whole Nakamura bait-and-switch?

It's like this company is actively trying to drive people away.

Corbin's new t-shirt. "You can't teach tall or balding or coordination or not being that over." Every match but that one had some kind of fuck finish on a minor or huge level if you ignore the buffer tag. Women's Ladder match had a TNA finish without the botch element. Tag team match ends in walkout loss. Women's title match has weird pointless distraction. Hindering Jinder fails by Randy forgetting he's in a title match to beat up two tiny men for 5 minutes. Main event has swerve ending with wrong winner.

Nakamura's comeback and interacting with AJ was fucking epic and the crowd knew they were seeing something special.  This was the best Nak's looked since against Sami in Dallas. Of course, Baron Corbin wins and nobody gives a shit but at least I got that ten minutes before Vince did his thing. 

zmZ0nr.gif

• Like 2

That shot is better than the entire match. As soon as I saw the TV, my response was, "So, it's the Ascension? Okay. That'll be short at least."

The Fashion Police tried to save this show, sadly, they got the Ascension trotted out as their opponents. which suprised me because I totally forgot they were employed.

• Like 3

My thoughts as a ppv is finishing probably shouldn't be "Why does WWE hate St. Louis so much?"

In ring stuff was good but pretty much negated by awful finishes. I did like the debut of the Kanellis'ses's

And to top it all off, no Brain Claw with Baron Von Raschke sitting right there.

If only they would have booked the importance of Daniel Bryan as a champion the same way they booked him as being important to Smackdown Live being a complete shit show.   Only way I can figure out the booking on this card especially the first 2 matches