DVDVR Message Board

SDL Presents Money in the Bank 2017

RIPPA

2 1/2 weeks out and it appears we know a decent chunk of the card

Scheduled for June 18, 2017 in St Louis.

Men's Money in the Bank Match: Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles

Women's Money in the Bank Match: Carmella, Natalya, Charlotte Flair, Tamina, Becky Lynch

WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal (C) vs. Randy Orton

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Usos (C) vs. New Day

Educated guess says some sort of Tag Team match with all the teams who have vanished

Luke Harper vs. Aiden English appears to be kickoff match

Technically Naomi could defend but more likely she will be doing commentary

345cf2e70dd9f3ef23141016513f5ea5.jpg

[EDIT] - Here's the poster

--- 

As wide open a Money in the Bank as there has been in a while, though I'd imagine the favorites are Corbin, Styles, Nak (in that order).  

With the women, I'm really not sure...  but I'd probably go with Carmella, as the briefcase fits her character best, plus we'd get Ellsworth possibly idiotically betraying her and cashing it in on the male champ himself. 

• Like 5

I can see Ellsworth running around with that briefcase, it fits his character.   DUUUHHHH.  I think this has a chance to be a really fun PPV.  Both Money in the Bank matches have potential.  New Day vs. The Usos should be at least solid.  

I also felt Jinder and Orton had a main event worthy match last month,  I'm interested in the rematch so long as Orton takes the pin.

Yeah they are. They are going to put a sign up in the arena that reads "Hey Orton, Fuck You!" And it's going to distract Orton and Mahal is going to get the school boy roll up pin

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can see Ellsworth running around with that briefcase, it fits his character.   DUUUHHHH.  I think this has a chance to be a really fun PPV.  Both Money in the Bank matches have potential.  New Day vs. The Usos should be at least solid.  

I also felt Jinder and Orton had a main event worthy match last month,  I'm interested in the rematch so long as Orton takes the pin.

Carmella and Ellsworth would be fun but I'd rather give it to Becky and have her be conflicted about whether or not to use it on her friend(s). Also, they like giving those historic wins to the Horsewomen.

• Like 1

This show is where the idiotic always bury the hometown guy or gal doctrine will bite them right in the ass. Even the dumbest fan knows that Orton is going to lose because they've been conditioned to expect that. Them pushing Orton being in his hometown just makes it that much worse. Why should anyone care about that match?

56 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This show is where the idiotic always bury the hometown guy or gal doctrine will bite them right in the ass. Even the dumbest fan knows that Orton is going to lose because they've been conditioned to expect that. Them pushing Orton being in his hometown just makes it that much worse. Why should anyone care about that match?

I bet it has the most heat out of anything on the whole show.

13 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

I bet it has the most heat out of anything on the whole show.

Yes and they better put it on last because if they don't the crowd will be deader than a doornail for the rest of the show.

1 minute ago, Sublime said:

Jinder should demand that the MITB match goes on last so that he can be fresh if the winner dares to challenge the Maharajah.

He should demand it goes on last so he can leave the building in a limo after his match ends, and before anyone wins MITB. Can't lost the title when you aren't in the building.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dewar said:

He should demand it goes on last so he can leave the building on his elephant throwing flower petsls after his match ends, and before anyone wins MITB. Can't lost the title when you aren't in the building.

FTFY :)

• Like 4

On 6/6/2017 at 8:49 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

As wide open a Money in the Bank as there has been in a while, though I'd imagine the favorites are Corbin, Styles, Nak (in that order).  

With the women, I'm really not sure...  but I'd probably go with Carmella, as the briefcase fits her character best, plus we'd get Ellsworth possibly idiotically betraying her and cashing it in on the male champ himself. 

I wouldn't rule out Kevin Owens. Kevin bragging about being Mr. Money in the Bank, teasing cash-ins and becoming the second man to hold the WWE Championship/WWE United States Championship at the same time be entertaining.

I like the Carmella idea.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:35 PM, Charlie M. said:

Carmella and Ellsworth would be fun but I'd rather give it to Becky and have her be conflicted about whether or not to use it on her friend(s). Also, they like giving those historic wins to the Horsewomen.

With how Becky's booked, she would lose when cashing the contract.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, RIPPA said:

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • RIPPA pinned this topic

Predictions.

Jinder retains the WWE Championship against Randy. Don't give a shit.

Kevin Owens wins the men's Money in the Bank Ladder match. Baron Corbin's my second pick.

Carmella takes the women's Money in the Bank Ladder match.

Naomi retains the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship versus Lana.

Uso's retain the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles against the New Day. Can see a DQ/Countout.