DVDVR Message Board

Yeah, Danny Kroffat stole that match. Waving his finger in the opposing team's face, mugging to the crowd, selling like a freak, facepalming the ref, it might've been Kikuchi's hometown but he even managed to take that away from him with the handshake and putting the belt on him at the end. I've never seen that in full and waking up to it was great. Best crowd ever, and every single move looked like a match-ender. One of my favorite parts was Dan taking a hellacious lariat from Kobashi and just sprinting to the corner for the tag because he wanted none of it. 

As far as contenders? A great WarGames, a great Rumble, Sting had a hell of a year with Vader and Cactus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacelle said:

Williams & Gordy vs Steiners from Clash 19

Oh yeah, pretty much the definition of Bill Watts' booking. Love the amateur grappling before they seriously get into it. 

Thinking about that, is there a better Miracle Violence Connection match? Nothing else is coming to me right now. I remember one of the Misawa/Kawada matches being an absolute bore, which is weird to say. 

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh yeah, pretty much the definition of Bill Watts' booking. Love the amateur grappling before they seriously get into it. 

Thinking about that, is there a better Miracle Violence Connection match? Nothing else is coming to me right now. I remember one of the Misawa/Kawada matches being an absolute bore, which is weird to say. 

There's a MVC vs. Hansen/Spivey on the you tubes from 1990, Dec 7th.

Honourable mentions:

Royal Rumble match. Royal Rumble.

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper. WWF WrestleMania VIII.

Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage. WWF WrestleMania VIII.

War Games 1992. WCW Wrestle War.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude. WCW Beach Blast.

Sting vs. Vader. WCW The Great American Bash.

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog. WWF SummerSlam.

Sting vs. Vader. WCW Starrcade 1992. The best Sting/Vader match.

On 5/31/2017 at 5:57 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Yes, yes there is:

I feel like the Steiner matches never lived up to the expectation whereas this tells a fantastic story and both teams work their arses off

• 2 months later...