DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/8/17

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 8, 2017 from Mumbai, India

*Alberto el Patron comes out for a promo. He talks about the energy in the arena and goes over being all around the world winning titles but there's one title he hasn't won yet which brings him to Slammiversary where he promises to become undisputed Impact Worlds Heavyweight Champion. Lashley interrupts and he's sick of the fans cheering Alberto. Lashley says he will beat Alberto at Slammiversary and then Alberto won't be needed here anymore. Bruce Prichard comes out and says he loves seeing the two champions ready to fight so tonight they are both going to fight but not against each other though they will both be defending their titles so if they lose they won't go to Slammiversary. Alberto wants to cut the bullshit and fight Lashley then asks who his opponent will be. Bruce says they will find out when they walk down the aisle.

*Low Ki def. Caleb Konley to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Sonjay Dutt confronted Low Ki and challenged him to a title match after going over their history together.

*Davey Richards def. Vikas Kumar via ankle lock submission. After the match, Ethan Carter III came out and whipped Vikas with his belt until James Storm made the save.

*Lashley(c) def. Moose after the Spear to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship

*Rosemary def. Laurel Van Ness (w/ Sienna) with a rollup after Laurel collided with Sienna. After the match, Laurel & Sienna attack Rosemary until Allie makes the save with a kendo stick to chase them off. Rosemary grabbed the stick from Allie then dropped it and smiled.

*Alberto el Patron(c) def. Chris Adonis (w/ Eli Drake) after the double stomp to retain the Global Force Championship. After the match, Eli & Adonis attack Alberto until Moose makes the save.

Moose/Lashley was a pretty good match. Lashley looks like he's back to 2015-2016 form but I'm guessing he loses to Alberto at the ppv. It hurts to say as I like both of them but the knockouts match was bad. Impact doesn't need two women characters that don't know how to wrestle. It made Rosemary look really weak winning with a roll up. The Indian crowd looked impressive but you could care they didn't give a shit unless the guy at ringside told them to react. Also, there is no reason Bruce Prichard has to appear 3 times on the show in under 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Paid crowd or not it was nice for a change to see people react to what they're doing on the show.  Some of the reactions were hokey and forced, but there were some moments where they appeared to like what was going on.  As for the show in India, as much as I'm liking Jinder now Impact is actually doing more to get over how important wrestling in India is.  They presented Sonjay and especially Sheera as a big deal, and the videos talking about India show how special a place this is.  I would hope that they catch on there and tour more because they'd be in a mighty fine spot.  I'm not saying they'll get somebody Khali-level famous there, but I'm hopeful somebody like Sheera is famous to some degree.

So I'm about half an hour into this show and it's REALLY weird.

I mean, there's a big promo to start the show off about how American company has ever done this before and hyping it up as a huge thing and the place is pretty full and the crowd is pretty loud, then you have Alberto go out there and talk while most of the audience clearly has no idea what he's saying (You can spy a lot of people in the crowd talking to each other or looking at their phones), then Lashley comes out and talks, then Prichard comes out and talks and it just seems like the dumbest thing ever to have a nice enthusiastic crowd then have them sit through 20 minutes of talking in a language most of them don't understand.  Then, right after the commercial break, you show a Low-ki promo where he talks about Impact Wrestling and he says that they're not there to talk RIGHT after a 20 minute talking segement.

The other really weird thing is (And I don't know if this is Impact, Pop! or Fight Network mandated) but Bobby Lashley says "I'll drag your ass out into the street" and the word 'ass' gets bleeped out.  Then, Patron says "Cut the bullshit and let me fight this bitch" and nothing gets bleeped.  What's the deal, here?!

• Like 2