DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Hometown Rules - 5/30/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I love that Jinder Mahal is now a part timer lol.  This was a good show until Vince reminded us of his hard on for hometown losses.  I enjoyed Usos and New Day, you can tell nobody in creative is writing ANY of their material.   Why is Nakamura still sent out there to talk?  He never talked in NXT. Barely anyway. 

The women's brawl was entertaining as hell,  I'm looking forward to their MITB ladder match.  

Q1y6wG.gif

Women's segment was awesome. Completely made up for the stinker on RAW. Becky and Carmella had a great little scrap. Charlotte was tossing people around like a female Cesaro. Even Tamina looked like a bad ass throwing monitors around.

Usos were very good too. The feud with New Day seems like a big deal.

Meanwhile, I'm happy they've found something for Breezango to do.

The opening tag team match was better than last week because Nak and Zayn took turns selling.

AJ vs Dolph was very good up until the finish. One day someone will win in their hometown...

Randy Orton cut a great promo for a guy who is going to be losing in his hometown. It didn't feel scripted at all.

Just now, Brysynner said:

So does Naomi get the night off at MITB or could there be a debuting superstar to take her on in a title match?

Rusev demanded a title match at MITB and Shane gave it to Lana?

I could also see Naomi demanding to be in the match and put her title on the line instead of having two briefcases around.

47 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

One day someone will win in their hometown...

Well, I'm expecting Jinder to kick some serious ass when they tour India.

Of course, Jinder is also from Calgary, but that's probably more nuance than Vince and the writers can handle.

Dug the women's brawl.  Have no idea if the ladder match will be good or not.

I wish instead of the standard MITB trope of everyone being a threat and trading wins/falls for a month, they'd just let the concept play out organically. Anyone can be in the right place at the right time. Ziggler beating Styles clean makes me think he's no more of a threat to winning a ladder match than not.

Come to think of it, having a guy in there who thinks they have no chance of winning, but are there purely to stop someone else from winning also works just fine.

The women's segment was awesome and easily the highlight of the show. Somewhat of afraid of a ladder match with them, but hopefully its good.

The New Day/Usos segment was nice.

So happy the Fashion Files are continuing. The match with the Colons was fun.

Thought the main event was enjoyable save the end. I don't really mind Dolph winning, but Dolph winning semi-cleanly was bs and completely unnecessary with the match they are going into being a ladder match.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why is Nakamura still sent out there to talk?  He never talked in NXT. Barely anyway.

WTF are you talking about? Nakmaura talked nearly every time he appeared in a non wrestling capacity.

2 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

One day someone will win in their hometown...

Did Naomi not reclaim the belt in hers?

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why is Nakamura still sent out there to talk?  He never talked in NXT. Barely anyway. 

And why is he now such a nerd that he can rattle off Sami Zayne's win-loss record.

Goddamn, WWE creative is the most powerful charisma suck since Frank Sinatra Jr.

I can't believe they pre-taped the 5-way promos and they were still awful.

Breezongo is basically Smackdown's Golden Truth.  Better than being The Ascension.

Also hilarious was Shane McMahon dancing out to the ring, with the full entrance while the women were beating the tar out of each other.

My DVR randomly decided to skip the last half hour of the show, so I missed Orton's promo and Styles-Ziggler...I'm okay with that.

I enjoyed the SNME-esque approach with the promos to start the show. I also enjoy the new picture-in-picture commercial thing. Actually, the overall feel of the show is miles above Raw  

Other than that, I thought this was a pretty good show. The women's brawl was nicely done. Not a big fan of Tamina, but she's better than Nia Jax (I know she's on a different show), so she won't bring the match down. 

I cant think of any negative thoughts about the show that I had while watching. 

• Like 1

Also also - someone had a great line last night and I can't find it to credit them but it was basically

"When Natalya wakes up - someone tell her she is in this match"

• Like 1