DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Mysterious Texts of Corey Graves - 5/29/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Casey said:

Just like people in wheelchairs, right?

Alexa Bliss is very tall and does not look stupid beating up people far bigger than her in direct confrontations. 

Can't wait to see how the brain trust here gets this wrong. 

The Buckle Bomb to Superman Punch wasn't a finish and wasn't set up to be.

An up and down show for me.  The opening segment/match was lazy booking, save for Sheamus' promo. Jeff's swanton is still a joy to see.

I like how they're setting up Elias Samson to play a bigger role in the IC title scene.  Wouldn't be surprised if he helps Miz win by getting Ambrose DQ'd, then expect a title match.  When he doesn't get it, he'll go after Miz and Maryse something fierce.  Elias Samson is being booked as a scarier dude than Bray Wyatt. Think about that.

The Corey Graves, Shit Stirrer gimmick has potential.  Like how they're weaving Angle into this, though I'm pretty sure he was reading his promo from his phone tonight.  Who's Murking Enzo? is also factoring into that.  It's a good way to get lots of people onscreen time. My expectations are too high for this, though. WWE doesn't do mysteries well.

The triple threat was fun, Joe needed to get the win to be seen as a credible threat. Though Joe won after Finn hit his finisher, so the win is somewhat hollow. 

Sasha is being sent over to 205 Live to help get an entire division over, the way I see it.  Cruiserweight Tag match was bad this week, don't like seeing the champ tap this close to a PPV.

Whoever wrote the Bayley, This is Your Life segment should be fired ASAP.  What a dumpster fire.  Nothing could save that.  Silly props, extras who couldn't act for squat, and the continuation of infantilizing Bayley.  100% clusterfluck and then they're going to have Bayley get DQ'd on Sunday by illegally using the kendo stick. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

To put in perspective how bad it was? WWE apparently modified the clip of the segment after receiving nearly universal criticism for it. The talking segment is completely gone, they say.

Goldust/R-Truth is being booked perfectly.  Can't wait to see how it plays out. And the Titus Brand continues to be entertaining.

Main event was really good.  Like how Reigns now works the ribs of his opponents with the corner post Drive By.

• Like 3

I like Enzo's new gimmick of getting knocked out every week. Hopefully the reveal is the entire roster is in cahoots attacking him.

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Victator said:

Can't wait to see how the brain trust here gets this wrong. 

If you run into assholes all day...

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The Buckle Bomb to Superman Punch wasn't a finish and wasn't set up to be.

Whether or not the spot was actually the finish is not the part that is stupid about Rollins selling for no reason after hitting the Buckle Bomb while Reigns (who *should* be selling) pops up and hits the Superman Punch.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Text messages that could ruin Kurt Angle's career?

They hired a recovering drug addict who once went on live TV to compare interracial sex to bestiality to one of their most sought after management positions.

I reckon he's fairly bulletproof.

This is WWE, there's no reason he's recovering privately, just publicly. Also: Jesus, he really said that?!

The best part of the Sasha-Swann team was when they showed them backstage before their match in one of those inaudible promos and it shows them talking, then Sasha does her Boss pose, then Swann starts dancing, to which Sasha does her pose again.  I enjoy trying to make up dialogue to go with it:
"Then I come out and onstage and go like this..."
"What if you did this?"
"No, I do this!"

It's so super-awkward and dumb.  If they're not going to show them taping up their wrists or just walking to the ring, then just drop the inaudible promos.  They're the worst.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Whether or not the spot was actually the finish is not the part that is stupid about Rollins selling for no reason after hitting the Buckle Bomb while Reigns (who *should* be selling) pops up and hits the Superman Punch.

Eh, Seth tends to sell exhaustion after the Buckle Bomb, so I don't know where you're getting "for no reason" from. He'd just hoisted up a dude who has fifty pounds on him, ran across the ring, and then tossed him into the turnbuckle. Ignoring everything else that happened in that spot, he definitely had a reason to sell there. 

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The triple threat was fun, Joe needed to get the win to be seen as a credible threat. Though Joe won after Finn hit his finisher, so the win is somewhat hollow. 

But it gets Joe over as the predatory type who picks his spot and takes advantage of everything perfectly, while protecting Finn at the same time.

Someone pointed this out on Twitter and I am mentioning it but I am not 100% sure if it is true (and watch it was already mentioned)

But Corey last week said he wanted to shake the hand of the man who attacked Enzo

Last night he shook Cass' hand

They actually planned out an angle!

• Like 5

Angle was feuding with Booker, and he was doing a weird gimmick where he was obsessed with Sharmell in a creepy stalker way. One promo, he said he wanted to have "bestiality sex" with her, with the implication being he just wanted to be rough/weird/whatever.

In another promo, he told her he was going to show her how to do the "REAL spinnerooni".

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

If you run into assholes all day...

Its just here sweetie. Most of you are self important myopic cretins. You would know that if you were smarter. 

If this were a building and it were on fire, I would save two of you and let the rest burn. 

I like the Enzo mystery for a couple reasons. First, I can imagine everyone on the roster being a suspect because everyone at some point has probably wanted to knock his lights out. Also, they are actually telling a story instead of just throwing random matches out there. Who would have thought telling stories would be more entertaining. 

Has there been a change in writers on RAW recently? Just because, like most have said, the undercard are actually getting week-to-week storylines now instead of just being thrown out in random meaningless matches. I may not be all that interested in guys like R-Truth or Titus O'Neil and Apollo Crews, but they are in storylines with little bits of storytelling that are progressing each week. It's an improvement.