DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Goggins either dresses like a dirtbag or like the most dapper man in the world. Hell, even sometimes when he's dressed like a dirtbag on Justified he looks pretty spiffy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I liked this second trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp more than the first. Ghost looks good and think this film be the fun to counteract the high stakes/emotions that was Avengers: Infinity War. After watching it, I looked to see when it’s out in the UK…NEARLY A MONTH LATER THAN THE US!!! Dodging spoilers that long be challenging.

Just wasn't  a big fan of Ant-Man, and I dunno. Nothing I saw in that trailer got me excited at all.  Just not a big fan of Scott Lang. And I don't care for Hope for that matter. It still annoys me we can't get Janet as the Wasp in these movies. And it's all because of Edgar Wright.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I thought a lot of the humor really landed, but I can't past how much the plot was a redux of Iron Man

I felt the same about Doctor Strange. They're both mid-tier, cookie-cutter origin flicks that borrowed a lot of the beats from Iron Man. I'm a little warmer about Ant-Man because, in the immortal words of Jules Winnfield, "Personality goes a long way." 

I'm so over the introductory Marvel movies that it took me weeks to bother with Black Panther, even though T'Challa had already been introduced in Civil War. It was a good movie, but after a decade my enthusiasm for first-time standalones is gone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I felt the same about Doctor Strange. They're both mid-tier, cookie-cutter origin flicks that borrowed a lot of the beats from Iron Man. I'm a little warmer about Ant-Man because, in the immortal words of Jules Winnfield, "Personality goes a long way." 

I'm so over the introductory Marvel movies that it took me weeks to bother with Black Panther, even though T'Challa had already been introduced in Civil War. It was a good movie, but after a decade my enthusiasm for first-time standalones is gone.

Now you're not going to be ready when you have to fight your double in the third act.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Where was Valkyrie during Infinity War, anyway? Didn't she end Ragnarok on the ship with the rest of the Asgardian survivors?

Yes.

Hopefully she and Korg were on another assignment or needing to be picked up like Thor was by the Guardians of the Galaxy.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thor The Dark World Sif Clip

I miss Sif. Be good if Sif reappears in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Spoiler

Per the Russo Brothers, Sif died when the snap happened.

• Thanks 1