DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think my favorite is either the Deadpool one or where he's with the Watchers because both make the most sense.

The Watchers is in my top three. What might be my number one Stan Lee cameo is a recent one:

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies. I only found that out when the sad news broke that Stan Lee had passed. I wanted to see the movie at the cinema with my Sister but she was quite poorly so we weren't able. We'll watch the movie when the DVD's out.

• 2 weeks later...

They do have a couple other comic book movie projects lined up though, so they may well be taking a break from the MCU for now. Honestly, they've more than earned it. I'd rather they take a break than get burned out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

They do have a couple other comic book movie projects lined up though, so they may well be taking a break from the MCU for now. Honestly, they've more than earned it. I'd rather they take a break than get burned out.

Marvel Studios' made a lot of right moves, hiring the Russo Brothers is up there. 3-0 and hopefully that extends with Avengers IV.

50 minutes ago, Raziel said:

How do you do Secret Wars without Cap and Iron Man?

The question of whether they were joking aside, the Iron Man who participated in Secret Wars wasn't even Tony. Has Don Cheadle said he's finished playing Rhodey?

And neither character was all that essential to the plot, with Iron Man being less essential than Cap.

If they wanted a way to bring the X-Men in, Secret Wars might be a way to do it. If the Beyonder pulls Battleworld together from all over the Multiverse, rather than the Universe, it would make sense why mutants suddenly exist.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

If they wanted a way to bring the X-Men in, Secret Wars might be a way to do it.

If. But the X-Men aren't Spider-Man; the X-titles have generally had their own corner of the Marvel Universe to play in. And frankly, I think the concept works better if mutants are the only superbeings around. I don't see any pressing reason to bring them in.

Some people are going to want to see Captain America vs Wolverine. Also, wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where X-Men movies are consistently good, instead of having a couple of bad ones for every good one?

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Some people are going to want to see Captain America vs Wolverine.

They can always use interdimensional shenanigans to do crossovers.

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Also, wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where X-Men movies are consistently good, instead of having a couple of bad ones for every good one?

Sure, but that's a function of the creative teams behind the films, not a question of which fictional universe they're set in.

Yes. FOX likes to hire idiots who don't respect source material (or to themselves interfere, and make it so a movie about a guy who kills people by carving them up with unbreakable, razor sharp blades features absolutely no blood loss at all), and Marvel doesn't.

I think we're arguing about different things. I'm perfectly happy to have Marvel Studios take over the X-Men film franchise. (Is there a chance of that not happening? Will Fox continue to be a separate studio under the Disney banner?) But you don't have to merge the universes to do that.

I have to admit outside of some character finally being able to be their mutantselves the only things I would really want from the X-men in the MCU offhand is a Logan/Steve team up during War World II, Deadpool interactions with those tied to the main MCU, and the Shiar as a part of the cosmic side of things.

Y’all are kidding yourselves if you think the X-Men and Fantastic Four won’t be integrated into the existing MCU. There’s virtually no chance they’re left in their own little corner of the universe, that’s just not how Marvel Studios does things. Even a character they share with another studio (Spider-Man) is heavily involved in the current MCU.