DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Cosmic MCU is the best MCU.

Also, I will never be able to unsee her as Samus so thanks for that. Hey, maybe make it a race to see what happens first. An honest to goodness follow up to the Metroid Prime series or a Metroid movie.

I'm not sure how you do a Metroid movie without it turning into Other M.  It's kinda hard to make a movie out of a series where 90% is only the main character running around shooting things that don't talk back and make it good (see: DOOM, which tried).

I marked when she punched the old lady.  FUCKING SKRULLS, MAN~!

This movie will probably be a solid entry, but IMO I think this movie is trying way too hard to capture the girl power demographic.

Somebody shoulda watched Wonder Woman a few times to see how to do that properly without alienating the rank & file sweaty comic nerds like me that you will still need to show up in droves and fill movie seats.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if they could sneak in the Skrull cows. 

Sneak?  I kinda hope that the Skrull cows will be a plot point.  The Skrulls will either:

1. Have been on earth all along disguised as cows and that is how the invasion of Earth will begin or,
  2. They'll be defeated after they are shape locked in cow form and SHEILD secretly creates a holding facility / prisoner of war site for them that has a dairy farm for a false front.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

Sneak?  I kinda hope that the Skrull cows will be a plot point.  The Skrulls will either:

1. Have been on earth all along disguised as cows and that is how the invasion of Earth will begin or,
  2. They'll be defeated after they are shape locked in cow form and SHEILD secretly creates a holding facility / prisoner of war site for them that has a dairy farm for a false front.

Annnnnnd that's how we begin the process of re-integrating the Fantastic Four with the rest of the MCU in a non-shitty way.