DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

I love how Tony is recording a message using the Iron Man helmet, telling Pepper that when he goes, it's only her he'll dream of. Basically saying those same words to his other (first?) love: the idea of being Iron Man. I'm torn on whether Captain Marvel or Rescue should find the Benatar ship and save Tony (and Nebula, but she'd be fine anyway since she's half machine).

Scott Lang bringing the macguffin straight to Avengers HQ.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I love how Tony is recording a message using the Iron Man helmet, telling Pepper that when he goes, it's only her he'll dream of. Basically saying those same words to his other (first?) love: the idea of being Iron Man. I'm torn on whether Captain Marvel or Rescue should find the Benatar ship and save Tony (and Nebula, but she'd be fine anyway since she's half machine).

Scott Lang bringing the macguffin straight to Avengers HQ.

Oh shit! I totally forgot about the portal in the back of the van.

With Shuri gone and Tony MIA in space, that basically leaves Bruce to figure it out.

Thor is presumably at Avengers HQ, too. The Dark World dropped a few lines about the quantum realm and something called a “Soul Forge” - a quantum field generator.

It’s important to note that in that movie, it’s said that it “transfers molecular energy from one place to another”. So... 

I reckon there's nothing from the Endgame trailer that happens after the first ten minutes of the movie. Which is a good thing.

Also, the title makes Dr Strange a liar. He said "We're in the endgame now", and then disintegrated before Endgame even started.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I have zero self-control.

So are we assuming Nebula is drifting with Tony in that deathtrap? 

You'd think so because she was stranded on Titan with Tony. Maybe she stayed behind to not use up more resources?

9 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Let me just say I eagerly await the scene were Tony gets back to Earth, triea to find Peppee, and finds nothing other then a pile of dust.

You know its happening.

Slap some Goop Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer on her and she'll be good to go.

I think Tony can afford the $100 per 1.7 oz. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Michael Pena to explain how Ant-Man got out.  

Please, for all that is good and just, let Michael Pena's character be alive in this movie just for another scene where Luis explains it all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Let me just say I eagerly await the scene were Tony gets back to Earth, triea to find Peppee, and finds nothing other then a pile of dust.

You know its happening.

She kind of spoiled her role in the movie on her Instagram, though. Unless that role is obtained through time travel or something, and isn’t present day Pepper Potts.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, who would you replace Paltrow with for the role of Pepper. They're just kind of stuck with her, but there had to be better choices. 

Christina Hendricks? Jennifer Aniston? 

Bryce Dallas Howard is the answer to everything.

I just looked at some old articles from 2007-2008, and some of the rumored/"fantasy" picks for the role are really weird. Some sites suggested Julia Roberts and Britney Spears, some fans put forward Stacy Keibler and Jessica Biel, others went with Alyson Hannigan. Jon Favreau originally wanted Rachel McAdams, but she turned it down (and later joined the MCU as Christine in Dr. Strange).

6 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

No Rocket in the trailer kinda put me off. I get that it was all about the emotions but dude lost EVERYBODY.

He still has Nebula. That's still family to him. 

He may not know it yet. 

And he has Thor.