DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

On 9/19/2018 at 2:41 AM, J.T. said:

This movie will probably be a solid entry, but IMO I think this movie is trying way too hard to capture the girl power demographic.

It’s working. My seven-year-old daughter was enthralled by the trailer. She’s liked quite a few Marvel pics, but this has her really excited. 

• Like 1

We still haven't shown Infinity War to my daughter even though at times she has said she wanted to watch it because the Guardians cast is in it (she loves the Guardians of the Galaxy movies more than anything else). So watching Infinity War presents some problems, mainly the run time because my daughter has the attention span of a gnat, Gamora straight up gets MUR-DURED by her dad, and Groot along with everyone else gets dusted.

Like, when we watch some women's wrestling it's kinda easy to explain why it's easy to like some of the heels like when Sasha was a heel in NXT. It's going to be much harder explaining that, yeah, the bad guy totally wins.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

We still haven't shown Infinity War to my daughter even though at times she has said she wanted to watch it because the Guardians cast is in it (she loves the Guardians of the Galaxy movies more than anything else). So watching Infinity War presents some problems, mainly the run time because my daughter has the attention span of a gnat, Gamora straight up gets MUR-DURED by her dad, and Groot along with everyone else gets dusted.

Like, when we watch some women's wrestling it's kinda easy to explain why it's easy to like some of the heels like when Sasha was a heel in NXT. It's going to be much harder explaining that, yeah, the bad guy totally wins.

Aww, bless her.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Explains that it only appears that he wins for the time being.  The DOCTOR STRANGE KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP nerd analysis from our own DVDVR peeps will give your kid hope that good will eventually triumph.....

..... even though I totally think that Captain America is getting smoked for reals in IW2...

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Explains that it only appears that he wins for the time being.  The DOCTOR STRANGE KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP nerd analysis from our own DVDVR peeps will give your kid hope that good will eventually triumph.....

..... even though I totally think that Captain America is getting smoked for reals in IW2...

Hmmm...You know, when Cap survived Civil War and then survived IW, I totally abandoned the thought of Cap dying. In fact, I haven't thought about it until you mentioned it. 

I suppose the possibility exists that Cap dies and if he does, I wonder if they press on with Falcon as Cap or maybe they go with Bucky as Cap since Sebastian Stan said he signed some crazy 9 picture deal after Winter Soldier. I remember then that many of us assumed that he'd wear the shield at some point, but who knows now. Damn, that was a long ass time ago.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:34 PM, J.T. said:

I also expect Cap to snuff it this go round. Captain America is probably my favourite character in the MCU. All involved with Cap have done a great job with him.

• Like 1

I don't think you're going to see all of the Avengers beat to a fucking pulp like in that vision during Age Of Ultron. It was more Wanda increasing the fear that Tony has had for years, that he's going to be the one to cause everyone to get hurt (or killed). Which.... uh, did end up happening. On Titan. He saw 5 people disintegrate right in front of him, and (knowing Tony Stark) he blames himself.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't think you're going to see all of the Avengers beat to a fucking pulp like in that vision during Age Of Ultron. It was more Wanda increasing the fear that Tony has had for years, that he's going to be the one to cause everyone to get hurt (or killed). Which.... uh, did end up happening. On Titan. He saw 5 people disintegrate right in front of him, and (knowing Tony Stark) he blames himself.

Right. The vision Tony had also showed Cap's broken shield (I think) and they were all laid to waste on what looked like an asteroid. Wanda just played off of Tony's fears, or rather, enhanced them.