DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

It’s obviously just an easy way to write people out of the MCU that nobody but a niche group of fans care about. I mean, really - who cares about Lady Sif besides some people on the internet?

10 hours ago, Casey said:

It’s obviously just an easy way to write people out of the MCU that nobody but a niche group of fans care about. I mean, really - who cares about Lady Sif besides some people on the internet?

The thing is, EVERYONE is on the internet these days.

Yeah, but as Betsy pointed out, in 2018 "people on the internet" is just long form for "people".

I would argue that the larger issue is that the event in question is surely going to be undone, so it's actually a pretty poor way of writing somebody out of the MCU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Yeah, but as Betsy pointed out, in 2018 "people on the internet" is just long form for "people".

I would argue that the larger issue is that the event in question is surely going to be undone, so it's actually a pretty poor way of writing somebody out of the MCU.

Yeah, and as I've already said, it's a niche group of people that care about Sif.

Also, everyone predicting everything will be undone almost surely means not everything will be undone.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, Casey said:

Also, everyone predicting everything will be undone almost surely means not everything will be undone.

If everything bad that happened in Infinity War were undone, I'd be surprised and disappointed. But the specific event in question clearly can't stand, and it would take some tricky writing to explain its being only partially undone.

Avengers 4 synopsis released by License Global (who released the first synopsis for Infinity War way back when):

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”

Pretty bare bones, but there ya go.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So between Keaton returning, Mysterio's introduction, and Nacho waiting in the wings as Gargan, we're already halfway to a Sinister Six. Suck it, Sony. 

More than halfway if you cut a corner and use The Shocker (Bokeem Woodbine) from the Sinister Seven and Sinister Twelve.

I am also sorta hoping that they will pull the trigger on Aaron Davis / The Prowler (Donald Glover) at some point, although I think that was just a bit of name dropping.

"They're still yet to decide if Michael B. Jordan will return in some capacity," the source noted, "but if he doesn't it's likely Gambino may play some kind of villain."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

"They're still yet to decide if Michael B. Jordan will return in some capacity," the source noted, "but if he doesn't it's likely Gambino may play some kind of villain."

I'm a big fan of Killmonger and would be thrilled if they bring him back, even if it's in the Ancestral Plane.  Glover would make for an interesting villain and I would like to see what he brings to the table.

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Would that be the first time an actor had two different roles in the MCU? (i.e., not the Human Torches)

Alfre Woodard played Luke Cage's Maria and Civil War's Miriam, but we all know Marvel Studios doesn't give a crap about what goes on with TV.

I feel like there have been a couple of really minor roles that have had the same actor, but I don't think ever in a substantial role.

Of course, it's possible The Prowler could be a villain for Black Panther 2, isn't it? I mean, I know he's a Spider-Man character, but as long as Sony is cooperating... They did kinda burn through a significant amount of Panther's villains list in the first film.