DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Which ones?   Agree if you say WATCHMEN. Which isn't a film but IS on the level of artistry I don't normally see in comic book stuff. I'd like to see Marvel explore some of those themes but I don't feel they will.   

If we're talking Marvel, and not films, then Legion says hello.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I looked it up,  it is an FX production.  A joint production with Marvel TV and 3 other production teams. 

Cool, wasn't entirely sure. I just knew Marvel TV was involved in the production. I think they were with the show on Fox as well. Actual tv shows are seemingly handled by them. From what I recall they got the rights for those back before the movie rights. Legion was one of their better shows at least with its first season. The next two have problems but are still pretty interesting to see play out.

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Which ones?   Agree if you say WATCHMEN. Which isn't a film but IS on the level of artistry I don't normally see in comic book stuff. I'd like to see Marvel explore some of those themes but I don't feel they will.   

Most Marvel movies are remarkably unpolitical, but I don't think that target audiences really want WATCHMEN levels of navel gazing. 

Black Panther was a rather blunt critique of colonialism wrapped in a really good movie period.

Logan was also fucking brilliant.

Edited by J.T.