DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

So, if Gemma Chan is cast in The Eternals (and the rumor is that her role isn't her returning as Minn-Erva), would this be the first time someone already in the MCU was cast in another MCU movie as a completely different character?

(I'm not talking about shit like Chris Evans as the Human Torch and Captain America, since the F4 movies aren't in the MCU.)

They've recycled actors doing bit roles in several movies, most noticed is Kenneth Choi playing Jim Morita and then his grandson.  

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The woman who confronted Tony in Civil Wat was played by Alfre Woodward, who was Mariah in Luke Cage. And those are at least kinda both MCU. Sort of.

TV/Netflix doesn't count.

The list of potential dream castings for Doom is so long that they really don't need to double dip. Mads is good in everything, sure. But he's not necessary. 

Speaking of Mads, I wonder what a top ten list would look like of awesome actors who ended up playing paper-thin Marvel villains. Walton Goggins, Carrie Coon, Lee Pace, Jude Law, Christopher Eccleston, Sam Rockwell, Mads Mikkelsen, etc. You could put together an all-star ensemble with all the wasted talent in these movies. Must be nice being the studio that can throw money at all the best talent. 

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The list of potential dream castings for Doom is so long that they really don't need to double dip. Mads is good in everything, sure. But he's not necessary. 

Speaking of Mads, I wonder what a top ten list would look like of awesome actors who ended up playing paper-thin Marvel villains. Walton Goggins, Carrie Coon, Lee Pace, Jude Law, Christopher Eccleston, Sam Rockwell, Mads Mikkelsen, etc. You could put together an all-star ensemble with all the wasted talent in these movies. Must be nice being the studio that can throw money at all the best talent. 

I thought Law and Rockwell were both solid in their roles. Lee Pace was horribly miscast as Ronin in the first place. I have no idea who Carrie Coon is offhand, but I'm not sure why they would have put a decent sized name on any of the Black Order. That is definitely a waste of money.

I doubt Carrie was commanding big star money. But she was a breakout star from The Leftovers a couple years ago (and Eccleston was pretty good in that too). Definitely too good for the Black Order job squad. 

They're really good about getting quality TV people in these rolls. Corey Stoll was hot for a minute off of House of Cards? Throw some money at him so Ant-Man can punch his face!

• Like 1

Carrie Coon was in the Leftovers and (I believe) Fargo.

Sam Rockwell is/was supposed to be in the Falcon/Winter Soldier show/movie/whatever, and eventually in a Thunderbolts movie/show. That’s just rumors, though.

They could probably fuel another five+ years of supporting/villain roles just off people who've been in Fargo. 

Ewan McGregor, Kirsten Dunst, Zahn McClarnon, Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Chris Rock, Billy Bob Thorton, and the list goes on. I won't bother mentioning Peele. He's way too good for these movies right now. Key on the other hand? Different story.

On this same note, I'd completely forgotten Bokeem Woodine was Shocker in Homecoming. Too. Much. Talent. 

Meant to post this sooner:

EALA1sCVAAALsmI?format=jpg&name=small

The airport battle from Captain America: Civil War (2016) is my favourite Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe moment. Awesome sequence especially seeing Spider-Man in the MCU which is something we've wanted. It knocked off my previous #1 for years, Avengers Assemble (2012) Puny God as Hulk ragdolls Loki.