DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Apparently the Endgame re-release is happening on June 28th - a week from today. And it'll be in cinemas until the 30th. They don't want to compete with Spider-Man FFH (releases July 2).

• Thanks 1

Might have been bad information. If it was coming out so soon, they would be publicising it loads right now. I'm guessing it's actually after Spidey, not before.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal visit a London's children hospital. Good on them.

And they didn't fight?  KAYFABE, MOTHERFUCKERS, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!??!

• Haha 1

With all this talk of Keanu talkign with Marvel, I 've given much thought as to who he ccould play. I couldsee hi mas Reed Richards, but I'd rather that be Clooney (which I'm positive would never happen).  But after thinking it over for a few hours I realize he should be saved for an X-Men movie, specifically to play Mastermind!

James

t1.gif

It's a shame this Spider-Man suit didn't make it to the big screen. I think it's the best of them. The main change I'd make to the final Stark Suit is darker web lines as that suit has and the manip photo below:

spider-man-far-from-home-excl.jpg

Edited by The Natural

On 6/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, J.H. said:

With all this talk of Keanu talkign with Marvel, I 've given much thought as to who he ccould play. I couldsee hi mas Reed Richards, but I'd rather that be Clooney (which I'm positive would never happen).  But after thinking it over for a few hours I realize he should be saved for an X-Men movie, specifically to play Mastermind!

James

Adam Warlock or GTFO.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, J.H. said:

James

Given how bland and yet unfortunately central Reed is to any FF story, they'd really have to get an excellent actor to play him.  Keanu is a lot of things, but he ain't that. 

Clooney is WAAAAAY too old now (4 years older than RDJ, who had the good sense to get out).  I think Bumblecrumb Cabbagepatch was, sadly, their best choice for either Reed or Dr. Strange.  They probably went with the right one of the two there.

Also, we don't want Keanu playing Wyngarde if it means he has to try to put on another British accent.  Dear FSM, Dracula was enough.

That said, if they wanted to put Ghost Rider back on the big screen with a younger actor as Dan Ketch or Robbie Reyes, Keanu could *probably* pull off Johnny Blaze.

Far From Home mid credit scene spoilers. Might ruin a pretty big surprise if it turns out to be true, so...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Supposedly JK Simmons is back as J. Jonah Jameson, but he's a "talk show" host (probably similar shows like Tucker Carlson Tonight or The Rachel Maddow Show, instead of a Jimmy Fallon type show).

Edited by Casey

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Far From Home mid credit scene spoilers. Might ruin a pretty big surprise if it turns out to be true, so...

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Supposedly JK Simmons is back as J. Jonah Jameson, but he's a "talk show" host (probably similar shows like Tucker Carlson Tonight or The Rachel Maddow Show, instead of a Jimmy Fallon type show).

Fuck, now I'm going to be super disappointed if that doesn't happen. 

IMO, the first half of the movie is very rough. A lot of forced and awkward comedy that doesn't really land IMO. Once they dispense the facade it really gets going. 

It's hilarious to me how clickbait websites bought into the typical marketing BS and wrote stories around it.

I liked Gyllenhaal's take on Mysterio. It works as a modern take on the character. Once you see it, you will understand why. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

IMO, the first half of the movie is very rough. A lot of forced and awkward comedy that doesn't really land IMO. Once they dispense the facade it really gets going. 

It's hilarious to me how clickbait websites bought into the typical marketing BS and wrote stories around it.

I liked Gyllenhaal's take on Mysterio. It works as a modern take on the character. Once you see it, you will understand why. 

Thanks, @TheVileOne. We'll be catching Spider-Man: Far From Home later than usual.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:
  Hide contents

Any chance he goes full Alex Jones like the recent video game?

Either way, awesome. 

Spoiler

They're definitely going for a Alex Jones/Infowars vibe with JJJ and the Daily Bugle.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

The lead Spider-Men.

The picture's not loading for me.

Also, I was going to make a snide comment like "Lead Spider-Men? Have there been supporting Spider-Men?" and then I remembered oh yeah, Spider-verse.

• Like 1