DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Ultron is supposed to look and sound like a robot.  He needs to be alien, inaccessible, cold, and creepy.  He's not supposed to have lips, round, human-looking eyes, and sound like a petulant middle-aged white guy. 

We needed this:

Ultron_comics.jpg

We got this:

ultron-large.jpg

"I want to be a real boy!!!"

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 4

Jokey Ultron goes into the same bag as Eisenberg as Spaz Lex Luthor and Elodie Yung as Bonnie Natchios.

Whoever that is, fine, but they have zero basis in how they're portrayed in the comics, and their standard representations would have made for better villains or foils.

Caught Captain Marvel last weekend and dug it a bunch. Best part may have been during the first stinger:

Spoiler

Some dude in our crowd yelled "OHHHHHHH SHIT!" when CM showed up looking for Fury.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Ultron is supposed to look and sound like a robot.  He needs to be alien, inaccessible, cold, and creepy.  He's not supposed to have lips, round, human-looking eyes, and sound like a petulant middle-aged white guy. 

I thought we might be in for some bullshit when Ultron had to move his jaws to speak (WHY~??), but hIs voice sounded PERFECTLY COLD in the trailers and then somewhere down the line the Good Idea Fairy waved her wand and fucked things.

They turned Ultron into Frankenstein's Monster when he should've been more like the MCP.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, El Dragon said:

Only complaint I had was how fast I knew the Kree were the baddies, and how suddenly Carol was okay with killing everyone on her old team and how all of them didn’t question trying to kill her. The total and complete heel turn was a a bit too sudden. 

Counterpoint: Anyone who spends years fighting in a war against shapeshifters who can (and frequently do) perfectly imitate  their friends and teammates, would have no problem using lethal force upon a close ally. Because if they did hesitate to kill, they'd be dead themselves.

28 minutes ago, AxB said:

Counterpoint: Anyone who spends years fighting in a war against shapeshifters who can (and frequently do) perfectly imitate  their friends and teammates, would have no problem using lethal force upon a close ally. Because if they did hesitate to kill, they'd be dead themselves.

My problem isn’t that, it’s that they immediately did not question why they are all suddenly fighting each other. Did they know what they did to her and were cool with it? Did they not know and just not care? Should have been a moment to establish them all as assholes instead of people just doing what they were told by there leaders was right before they got killed off.

It felt like a clear undertone to me, too.  They were all honestly afraid of her powers (thus the "no Princess Sparklefists" kind of remark Yon-Rogg makes in the opening sparring match), and as long as she remained a good little amnesiac - or someone figured out how to extricate the powers from her - they were OK with her as a tool.  But yeah, they were probably all ready to pop a cap in her at the first moment of her realization.

For my part, I feel like a lingering question is, "Why were so many of these Kree not actually blue?"

Is Nebula supposed to be a Kree? Or is it possibly that her people got 50%ed by Thanos, and then the surviving half were colonised by the Kree?

12 hours ago, El Dragon said:

My problem isn’t that, it’s that they immediately did not question why they are all suddenly fighting each other. Did they know what they did to her and were cool with it? Did they not know and just not care? Should have been a moment to establish them all as assholes instead of people just doing what they were told by there leaders was right before they got killed off.

At least one of them did have a minor issue with it though they were still willing to fight her. Only Minerva seemingly already knew. As others said they have kind of been trained/indoctrinated into leaving emotions out of fighting so it wasn't bothering me too much how they were fighting her once the order came. I suspect they would have done the same to anyone else on the team.

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Word up to Fandango failing to send me the notification for tickets presale even though I signed up for it. Good thing people are already bragging on Facebook about getting theirs...

Now AMC's site is down, which has borked everyone elses sites from being able to get tickets.  

Have these sites ever not fucked this up?

(For example, I got my alert 90 minutes after actually buying my ticket, since seeing this thread was my alert, for all real intents and purposes)

Edited by Contentious C

The fact that they aren't even trying to hide that Stark & Nebula make it back gives me hope that the whole "drifting in space" sequence isn't too much of the movie, like 4chan/Reddit "spoiler" posts usually suggest. Doesn't look like it'll be a significant portion of the movie, given the shots we see of Tony & Nebula are ones we've seen before, but extended (IE at the Avengers HQ with everyone).

1) Please stop mentioning shit like 4chan and 8chan on here.

2) Cinemark's website and app have been borked all day. I'm hoping they get their shit figured out soon.

• Like 1