DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I thought there isn't a Phase IV? Wasn't he saying they were done with phases and it would be something else going forward?

I thought that Feige was not so much saying that there was no Phase iV as he was saying "We're pumping the brakes on announcements."

It sounds like there will be a lot of back to the drawing board stuff going on in the MCU after Endgame, so Phase IV sounds more like a soft reboot with different heroes emerging to the forefront rather than old standards like the Avengers coming to save the day from the Omega level threat.

I think that we see less Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America and more Spidey, Ant Man, Dr.Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the like.

I am not crazy about Jeremy Renner, but damned if I love to see a very dark PG-13 Ronin movie like yesterday.  Same for Black Widow.

Oh and ETERNALS OR STFU, MARVEL~!

• 2 weeks later...

It might just be me, but I have no interest at all in an Eternals movie, and I don't get why Marvel does either. Guardians of the Galaxy, after reading the DnA run, I was definitely all in for that one. 

I'd much rather have a Nova movie if I had a choice. And it would open with the Black Order and Thanos razing Xandar. She-Hulk would make a heck of a lot more sense as well. 

I'd love a Thunderbolts as well, but not sure how you would do it in MCU. Especially with how royally MCU fucked up Zemo, who is still my least favorite part of Civil War.

10 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It might just be me, but I have no interest at all in an Eternals movie, and I don't get why Marvel does either. Guardians of the Galaxy, after reading the DnA run, I was definitely all in for that one. 

I'd much rather have a Nova movie if I had a choice. And it would open with the Black Order and Thanos razing Xandar. She-Hulk would make a heck of a lot more sense as well. 

I'd love a Thunderbolts as well, but not sure how you would do it in MCU. Especially with how royally MCU fucked up Zemo, who is still my least favorite part of Civil War.

Any Nova movie would be Sam.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Any Nova movie would be Sam.

Shut your filthy damn mouth. I actually don't even dislike Sam. I just want Rich first. Actually what I want is Annihilation, but that shit ain't happening. Darkhawk would be nice as well.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Shut your filthy damn mouth. I actually don't even dislike Sam. I just want Rich first. Actually what I want is Annihilation, but that shit ain't happening. Darkhawk would be nice as well.

It probably works best if Rich is Sam's dad, to be honest. There's no harm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Only thing I really care about is Dr. Doom, because Noah Hawley could have really done something cool with that movie. Maybe Marvel brings him on board for Fantastic Four instead?

and pretty soon, that Marvel That Isn’t Marvel thread will really only include Sony characters, so it’s almost a moot topic at this point. Unless something unexpected happens, for all intents and purposes, Disney owns the Fox characters again.

The merger is expected to close a month before Endgame comes out, so I would be very surprised if there wasn’t some sort of post-credits tease for a former Fox property, even if it was just something like they’re all back at the shawarma place and Deadpool’s in the background.

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I trust Marvel Studios to get Dr. Doom right more than I trust Fox to do it. Fox has already failed a couple times already. Meanwhile, Marvel Studios stuck the landing with Thanos. 

Doctor Doom's the big get from the Fantastic Four side of things to me.