DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

...to replace Legion which appears to be quitting after Season 3 while its ahead.

Legion did indeed wrap up it's story at the end of this third season and apparently was never intended to go longer, so yeah there's ample room on FX for a new comic book show. 

On 10/1/2019 at 4:19 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I have no idea where it came from, but there was a report Marvel wants to keep Joe Bernthal as Punisher. Presumably take that with multiple grains of salt

Let's just let the character die off rather than normalize the alt-right any more than we already have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Let's just let the character die off rather than normalize the alt-right any more than we already have.

Off topic a bit, but I saw a tweet or something that said Punisher stickers are Live, Laugh, Love for dudes and it make me laugh.

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I have no idea where it came from, but there was a report Marvel wants to keep Joe Bernthal as Punisher. Presumably take that with multiple grains of salt

I’ve seen reports ranging that anyone from Shia LeBeouf to Andrew Garfield to Zac Efron playing Moon Knight. I wouldn’t put much stock in it. 

You do wonder who the target audience is for that. Surely everyone who wants to own the movies on disc has already got most or all of what they want? There can't be that many people who are only now getting around to buying a blu-ray player instead of just having old DVDs, and figure it's an upgrade rather than a double dip.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

You do wonder who the target audience is for that. Surely everyone who wants to own the movies on disc has already got most or all of what they want? There can't be that many people who are only now getting around to buying a blu-ray player instead of just having old DVDs, and figure it's an upgrade rather than a double dip.

The only MCU blu-ray I own is the original blu-ray release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1, and I have the original release of the Iron Man DVD. I've been waiting for a boxset with all of them included, but almost $600 is a little too much when the only extras are a lithograph, a letter and a plaque (or whatever).

I'll probably wait until they hit eBay when I can get it for cheaper probably.

I own Black Panther,  The Avengers,  Spider-Man Homecoming,  Guardians of the Galaxy,  Iron Man and Age of Ultron on Blu Ray.   I also own the Infinity War 4K steelbook and the End Game 4K steelbook.  

I'm good.  I'll probably buy Spider-Man Far From Home at some point.  I also want to buy the Captain America trilogy I didn't want to buy them one at a time. 

12 hours ago, AxB said:

I liked most of the MCU movies a lot and don't own any on disc yet. Problem is, at that price point I'm not sure it's actually cheaper than just buying them all individually.

15 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I liked most of the MCU movies a lot and don't own any on disc yet. Problem is, at that price point I'm not sure it's actually cheaper than just buying them all individually.

It would be cheaper if you want Blu Rays.  If you want them in 4K then it's more expensive but I don't need everything in 4K just certain movies.

I got all of them individually, about half are in BD/DVD/Digital combos and the other are in the BD/UHD/Digital combos, and it const me a bunch less than this whole set.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It would be cheaper if you want Blu Rays.  If you want them in 4K then it's more expensive but I don't need everything in 4K just certain movies.

Yeah, it's definitely overpriced for Blu Ray. I assume Casey is talking USD, so that's actually over seven hundred dollars. Amazon.ca will sell me boxed sets of Phase One, Phase Two, and Phase Three Part One for just under three hundred. Pretty sure I could track down the last five movies for less than four hundred dollars.

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I really like those designs. 

Same here. Black Widow's the comic book movie I'm most looking forward to next year. Taken a while for it to happen. Feel 2020's a weak lineup. That reminds me to do the thread asking which one you're most interested in like I've done in previous years.

Edited by The Natural

my MCU BD collection https://imgur.com/gallery/hJdYghF

missing only the Spidey flicks (too unconnected for me RN), Capt Marvel (still debating about picking this up), and the two latest Avengers movies (waiting for a 2 pack). 

GOTG3 and Black Widow are day 1 additions when they happen.

Edited by twiztor
fuck you broken picture

On 10/12/2019 at 2:28 AM, The Natural said:

Same here. Black Widow's the comic book movie I'm most looking forward to next year. Taken a while for it to happen. Feel 2020's a weak lineup. That reminds me to do the thread asking which one you're most interested in like I've done in previous years.

I'm a little glad that there's going to be a bit of a break from the Marvel films.  I'm totally into them and get excited for every new one.  I watch all the speculation videos and read every article I see on them.  But, man, I kinda need a rest.  I've got two kids so I don't get to watch as many movies as I'd like.  I'm looking forward to getting around to seeing some non-comic related movies.