DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

38 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Sony just pulled Spider-man from the MCU going forward. Disney wanted half the profits and Sony told them to piss off.

Gonna be interesting to see how they deal with that.

So presumably they could carry on from Homecoming and FFH, but without ever mentioning any characters or events that aren't solely Spidey related? That might not be the best fit. Can they do Kingpin, or is he still Vincent D' Onofrio?

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

So presumably they could carry on from Homecoming and FFH, but without ever mentioning any characters or events that aren't solely Spidey related? That might not be the best fit. Can they do Kingpin, or is he still Vincent D' Onofrio?

None of the Netflix shows are probably considered cannon even by Marvel Studios. 

• Sad 1

I mean, I'd be down for Venom being in the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Venom voice and Tom Hardy freaking out would fit in well. Plus, you know, the whole comics connection too.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Into the Spiderverse was Sony Animation and Columbia Pictures. 

Columbia produced or co-produced all the Spider-Man movies. Technically it's Columbia, not Sony that has the Spider-Man license. But since Sony owns Columbia Pictures, it doesn't really matter.

Statement from Sony:

Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise. We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film,” A Sony spokesperson said. “We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.

ECcp8_bXUAA-QGb?format=jpg&name=medium

The shit news that Spider-Man's out of the MCU reminds me of this drawing years ago. I'm glad Spider-Man, THE Marvel character was part of the MCU for the interactions between chatacters. It's a shame that's no longer the case. I expected Sony going Sony plus the success of Venom (2018) and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018). This development hasn't gone down well.

Edited by The Natural