DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Rented Alita :  Battle Angel on the Redbox yesterday and watched it after my Destiny 2 binge.

I am now convinced that Mahershala Ali's role of Vector was pretty much his audition for Blade, right down to the fucking sunglasses.

Mahershala-Ali-Alita.jpg

• Like 3

When using the "high-five" emoji like it's a "praying" emoji is nowhere close to the worst part of your tweet, you need to rethink your tweet (well, other than Rules 1 through A Billion already being, "Have you rethought your tweet?  Because you should probably rethink your tweet").

"She’s a warrior. I’m going to have to work very hard to give the Marvel Cinematic Universe the Thena they deserve.”

So, I've been a comics fan for an easy 4/5th of my life and I promise you that no one and nothing in this world deserves any sort of Thena. Maybe a Sersi. Maybe a Gilgamesh, but definitely not a Thena. 

Edited by Matt D
Jolie said that, btw.

Also gives sense given the subtle tease/easter egg at the beginning of Endgame.

What actor would be good for playing such a dick and look at least somewhat similar to Namor?

EDIT: Hmmm...what if this is a way to finally get Keanu in the MCU?

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also gives sense given the subtle tease/easter egg at the beginning of Endgame.

What actor would be good for playing such a dick and look at least somewhat similar to Namor?

EDIT: Hmmm...what if this is a way to finally get Keanu in the MCU?

If it’s Keanu, presumably it’s Black Suit Namor, not tiny speedo Namor. 

I would also presume the long time fantasy casting of Dwayne is not logistical anymore. 

Just now, odessasteps said:

If it’s Keanu, presumably it’s Black Suit Namor, not tiny speedo Namor. 

I would also presume the long time fantasy casting of Dwayne is not logistical anymore. 

The Rock is doing Black Adam anyway.

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Jason Momoa or Adrian Grenier! ?

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 3:11 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I have no interest in it not because of the director (I liked Thor Ragnorak) but because Portman and Hemsworth had no chemistry and Portman has been generally awful. 

I need clarification here: are you saying Natalie Portman was awful in the two Thor movies she did (which she so fucking was) or that Natalie Portman is awful in general (in which case we shall have words, good sir)

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I need clarification here: are you saying Natalie Portman was awful in the two Thor movies she did (which she so fucking was) or that Natalie Portman is awful in general (in which case we shall have words, good sir)

I'm saying she was awful in the two Thor movies and she's been hit or miss for years.  She has obvious acting ability but for someone who can be so good at times how does she churn out so many bad performances as well..  

49 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm saying she was awful in the two Thor movies and she's been hit or miss for years.  She has obvious acting ability but for someone who can be so good at times how does she churn out so many bad performances as well..  

Fair enough

16 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

If the dude who played Jean Ralphio got ripped, it'd work. 

Well, we didn't get my dream casting of Nick Offerman playing JJJ, but I'd accept a ripped Jean Ralphio playing Namor.

• Like 2

So, if Gemma Chan is cast in The Eternals (and the rumor is that her role isn't her returning as Minn-Erva), would this be the first time someone already in the MCU was cast in another MCU movie as a completely different character?

(I'm not talking about shit like Chris Evans as the Human Torch and Captain America, since the F4 movies aren't in the MCU.)