DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Looks like they will stick with the Zemo look from the Civl War concept art that was never used for his movie costume as the basis for his Falcon / Winter Soldier gear.

CumRnSWUIAAvzcT.jpg:large

I think the mask may be used to his facial disfigurement like the comics, but I don't think it will end up getting stuck to his face.

I've always heard that Brohl wasn't terribly keen about his movie experience, but it sounds like he's all in for reprising Zemo.   It may have been the high pressure movie shooting schedule that got to him, rather than being the noted Marvel villain with a really truncated role when compared to most Marvel BBEGs.. 

Bruhl seems to enjoy doing television more than movies and hopefully he'll be able to expand on Zemo and make him a memorable Marvel bad guy.

Edited by J.T.

spider-man-far-from-home-posters.jpg

I enjoyed Spider-Man: Far From Home. Marvel Cinematic Universe Spider-Man is 2/2 in solo films and villains. Tom Holland reaffirms why he's the best live action Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Jane Gyllenhaal was a great Quentin Beck/Mysterio. THAT illusion sequence featuring Spider-Man and Mysterio, you know the one is one of the best in the entire MCU. 

Far From Home is a step up in action from Spider-Man: Homecoming though out of the two, I prefer Homecoming still. I felt Far From Home was slow going at first, I hoped more would have been made of Aunt May finding out Peter Parker was Spider-Man in Homecoming's mid-credits scene. Tony Stark/Iron Man's shadow looms over this movie for good and mostly bad. First time there's no Stan Lee cameo. The film's dedication to Stan Lee and Steve Ditto had to be there. 

The mid-credits and post-credits scenes are two of the greatest Marvel Studios has done particularly the mid-credits offering of surprises.

Edited by The Natural

Saw Far From Home myself this week. Excellent film; I think I liked it better than Homecoming. As others have pointed out, Holland and Zendaya are so likeable you can't help but root for them to get together.

That being said, though - if Brad becomes a supervillain in a future movie, dude is totally justified.:)

As a big fan of the Lee-Ditko era, I like that they incorporated the idea of Flash Thompson being Spider-Man's biggest fan. Flash is such a big part of the classic Spider-Man mythos, and he's been underserved in the film adaptations so far. MCU Flash is very different from classic Flash, but it was still nice seeing him get some character development.

• Like 1

I was thinking about this. The Snap happened in Wakanda in full daylight, yeah? And Wakanda is in East Africa, so presumably in the Central European time zone. But it was also full daylight not only in New York (Spider-Man FFH home video) but also San Francisco (Ant-Man & Wasp trip to Microverse). So clearly the film is taking place in Summer because even with the ten hour difference it's still light in both places, but it's not late July or August because school isn't out. So, June then. But it must gave been late evening in Wakanda, about 8PM (for argument's sake Wakanda does daylight savings time), so therefore the people watching Marching Band in New York were on their lunch break (unless there's some sort of band class), whilst Hank Pym had Scott heading to the microverse at like Seven in the morning. Unless my maths are off.

So everyone in the whole Asian continent has the same Snap story: "I woke up and the house was unexpectedly empty". Far fewer snap related deaths though. No getting hit by suddenly driverless cars.

And now that I've seen Far From Home, I can read this thread and react to the news about upcoming films...

Anybody curious how they're going to get to Jane Foster as Thor? Not only is Mjolnir currently, you know, non-existent, but as far as I can recall MCU Mjolnir never even had the "whoever wields it gets Thor's powers" enchantment.

24 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

as far as I can recall MCU Mjolnir never even had the "whoever wields it gets Thor's powers" enchantment.

"Whosoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor". Odin says that when he sends Mjolnir to Earth in Thor 1.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

And now that I've seen Far From Home, I can read this thread and react to the news about upcoming films...

Anybody curious how they're going to get to Jane Foster as Thor? Not only is Mjolnir currently, you know, non-existent, but as far as I can recall MCU Mjolnir never even had the "whoever wields it gets Thor's powers" enchantment.

Wait...Did you not watch Endgame or did you leave before the last 30 minutes of it?

2 hours ago, AxB said:

"Whosoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor". Odin says that when he sends Mjolnir to Earth in Thor 1.

Did he? Okay, that makes things somewhat simpler. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Did he? Okay, that makes things somewhat simpler. Thanks.

Also: Cap literally wields Thor's power when he picks up Mjolnir.  Like, hits Thanos with a lightning bolt and everything.  Also, Stormbreaker reacted to him as if he were Thor as well.  Now, how we're gonna get Jane powered up with no Mjolnir, no Dwarves to make another Mjolnir save Eitri, who probably hasn't gotten that hand thing of his cured yet, and no Odin to enchant Mjolnir (which is probably why Thanos could wield Stormbreaker as well, while he probably couldn't lift Mjolnir, just guessing), I dunno, but so far, I don't have much reason not to trust the people writing this shit, although I do hope we get Guardians 3 before Thor 4(which could very well solve the Mjolnir problem)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Also: Cap literally wields Thor's power when he picks up Mjolnir.

Hmm, I suppose he does. I was thrown by the way he doesn't visually change into a Thor-like form, the way Bill and Eric and Jane and Odin-knows-who-else did in the comics. But I imagine MCU Jane will continue to look like Natalie Portman even with Thor's powers at any rate.

It would be funny if she transformed and a different actress (Gwendolyn Christie?) Played Lady Thor, like the physical change with old school Don Blake or even Billy Batson. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It would be funny if she transformed and a different actress (Gwendolyn Christie?) Played Lady Thor, like the physical change with old school Don Blake or even Billy Batson. 

Jaimie Alexander wearing a blonde wig!

I enjoy Jaimie Alexander's Sif as seen in Thor, Thor: The Dark World and guest appearances on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Like 1