DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Most looking forward to Black Widow, Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Blade out of the movies announced.

Black Widow's long awaited solo film will mark 10 years since she first debuted in Iron Man 2 in one of the few redeeming parts from that. I welcome Thor: Goddess of Thunder from Jason Aaron's Thor run. Taken a while for Doctor Strange's sequel to come round, five years. Blade set in Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe is something after Blade and Blade II. Tough task for Mahershala Ali following Wesley Snipes iteration of the character.

Edited by The Natural

Lots of cool stuff in there. Ali and Jolie are both huge gets for the MCU. Super excited that the Mandarin will finally be getting his on screen debut just too bad it wasn't in an Iron Man movie. If Shang-Chi gets a sequel, I demand Fin Fang Foom next. I'm pretty interested in all the Disney+ stuff, in particular What If...? so I'll probably get on board with that at some point. Not sure how I feel about Portman being back as I'm just not a big fan of hers. Add in GOTG 3 and Black Panther 2 and the next few years ought to be pretty fun. 

I love how ever since they've become big money makers you all of a sudden don't see many actors looking down their noses at "Comic Book" movies anymore. God bless Robert Redford for being in Winter Soldier because now any time an actor tries to act too good for "comic stuff" someone can tell them to shove it because Robert Fucking Redford did one. 

• Like 4

It's such a shame the Mandarin twist happened in Iron Man 3. The Mandarin was credibly reworked as a terrorist leader of a terrorist group, Sir. Ben Kingsley was menacing in the part. I sometimes revisit the trailers and the first half of Iron Man 3 to see him. All that undone by the twist meaning we get another businessman, Aldrich Killian with a Tony Stark grudge who is a sizeable step down from what we believed was the Mandarin. So frustrating.

Edited by The Natural

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I never liked Ben Kingsley for the Mandarin so I thought it was an awesome twist, especially when they did the short revealing there was an actual Mandarin.

Iron Man 3 is a movie that divides opinion, you either do or don't. My Dad and the owner of the comic shop I go to do. I definitely don't. I enjoyed that All Hail the King One-Shot particularly a welcome and unexpected cameo of a returning character.

Edited by The Natural

15 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I love how ever since they've become big money makers you all of a sudden don't see many actors looking down their noses at "Comic Book" movies anymore. God bless Robert Redford for being in Winter Soldier because now any time an actor tries to act too good for "comic stuff" someone can tell them to shove it because Robert Fucking Redford did one. 

There was also that Brando guy who made a comic movie, even if it was jus5 for the paycheck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Best bit of Iron Man 3 is the end credits. So good. You just need to watch a shit movie to get to them. 

That’s got to be in the top three MCU end credits. 

I'll support that. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) is there along with Avengers Assemble (2012).

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Blade is a great announcement.  Nothing on Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 or Black Panther 2?  

Not that I've seen. That's why I thought D23 would be used for others. Going to be a while for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, that was supposed to come out next year before James Gunn was sacked for THOSE tweets and then brought back. Might be the longest wait for sequels. Doctor Strange is the longest between sequels, five years.

• Like 1

Just now, The Natural said:

I'll support that. Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well.

Yep. My top three are IM3, Winter Soldier, and Ragnorak. Ultron is sitting right outside. Good stuff. After the first Avengers flick, they seemed to really commit to making the first bit of the credits quite good. 

• Thanks 1