DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Tom Hardy doing his best Bruce Campbell as Ash being infected by Bad Ash was the only good part of Venom. I said it before, but that movie would have been a million times better without the shitty villain, the ex-girlfriend subplot, or any of that other garbage and it was just Tom Hardy talking to the symbiote and the symbiote talking back to Tom Hardy. That stuff was really funny and entertaining. It's just the rest of the movie sucked.

The media can fuck off giving this any attention. It's like Westboro Baptist: Giving them attention makes it feel bigger than it is.

You'd think the media would have learned its lesson about giving free press to fringe assholes with shitty intentions. But them thumping this story to death all week says otherwise.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
a ' where there should have been no '
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, The Natural said:

I popped when the Spider-Man 1960's theme played over the Marvel Studios logo in Spider-Man: Homecoming and hearing it now for Spider-Man: Far From Home.

That's been my ringtone ever since.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The media can fuck off giving this any attention. It's like Westboro Baptist: Giving them attention makes it feel bigger than it is.

You'd think the media would have learned its lesson about giving free press to fringe asshole's with shitty intentions. But them thumping this story to death all week says otherwise.

Twitter folk got the organizer fired from his job at Kohls because they're sleuths and discovered he has ties to a neo nazi group. So there's that, at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Even the IMAX poster sucks.

That is really, really, really, really shitty. That might be the worst one. Is that actually real? Fury and Mysterio look directly copied and pasted in, like stickers or something. Speaking of stickers, here's an idea...

Maybe, oh, I don't know, play around with the idea of a passport for the look of the poster with a picture of Spider-Man on the one side and then various stamps on the other side. There, that took all of 1 minute to think up and it's a better idea than this.

Or better yet, do a spoof of the cover for European Vacation. That idea took less than 30 seconds. Still better than that shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

ffh_poster_onesheet.jpg

This is the only Spider-Man: Far From Home posters I like. 

Oh, well, see, there you go. I completely forgot about that poster and that's close to one of my examples. Ever since they started inserting Fury or others into the posters they started looking like bootleg covers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Captain Marvel released today.

When the disc loads, you get another "tiny blue percentage bars" load screen.

Bath Deadpool films have great screens, Deadpool waiting for chimichanga to cook and Deadpool 2 set up as VHS.

In Shang Chi casting rumors, Ludi Lin (Power Rangers, Aquaman) has been lobbying hard for the role of Shang Chi and Ross Butler has also been mentioned in the front runner talks. 

Lin's martial arts pedigree may be the thing that puts him over, but Butler is an established Disney kid (Teen Beach, KC Undercover) so he may have the inside track.

Donnie Yen has been approached for an "unspecified role."  Yen has only had a handful of villainous roles, so if he is tapped to be the antagonist for Shang Chi, it would a be a fairly signficant departure from the roles he normally plays.

Edited by J.T.

Early word has come in and it's very positive with a lot of people liking it more than Homecoming.

I really loved Homecoming because it felt like what we'd get if John Hughes made an MCU movie, but in New York instead of Shermer, IL. 

• Like 1