DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Well considered I haven't seen End Game yet - no way I am going into that thread.

I mean I am only 3 movies beyond - I consider that progress.

There's a spin-off movie with the aforementioned Spider-Women, and then a direct sequel to Spider-Verse. There's also planning on doing TV spin-offs, but nothing has leaked or anything about what characters could get the TV show(s). Well, besides the Spider-Ham TV show, but that's about it really.

Shang-Chi rumor/speculation

They're going to solve the Fu Manchu issue by having the Mandarin be his dad/the villain, following up on the All Hail the King One-Shot reveal.

Edited by Matt D

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

Shang-Chi rumor/speculation

I support this 100%. but:

Reveal hidden contents

what can you really do with the Mandarin in the post snap MCU where Iron Man is dead?

I guess this is uncharted territory.

You can keep the ten rings thing by having the Mandarin make use of the black market for Chitauri tech as shown in Spider Man: Homecoming but isn't that a bit much for a bad guy to use against a protagonist who will be mostly kicking and punching people?

Edited by J.T.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, nate said:

Chow Yun-Fat would have been a great Mandarin.

Well if he’ll be a more martial-arts focused character, then Donnie Yen would be a better choice.

But then this is Marvel, and they do love a good high profile stunt casting. So why not Jackie Chan?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs